HFT, Arbitrage - page 8

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I'm not going to discuss it. I'm just stating. :)

Tell me, can you play with your hands and make a profit? Stable. Time after time after time.

In 2008 I decided I wouldn't dream of having any machines until I learned. I did, and not badly. To understand what is behind all the changes on the market. But I still don't have a stable machine. :)

You think algorithms don't trade on the upside?

Anonim_1:
Do you think algorithms don't trade on the upside?
What makes you think that? But most do not for a very long time.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
What makes you think that? But most of them don't for a long time.

In 2008, I decided that until I learnt, I wouldn't dream of having a machine. I have learned, and not badly. To understand what is behind all the changes in the market. But I still don't have a stable machine. :)

Based on this opinion.why algorithms don't work for a long time?

Anonim_1:

Based on this opinion.Why don't algorithms work for a long time?

Because the market is constantly and slowly, gradually changing. Trading methods that worked fine a couple of years ago are now hardly working at all. Even if you trade manually.

A man adapts to these changes. The machine does not.

I have been in touch with people professionally involved in autotrading. This is a constant revision and remodeling of algorithms for the market. And the material and labour costs are heavy. According to them, the lifetime of the algorithm is 2-3 months.

Hypothetically, you could probably create an adaptive machine. One that will last for years. :)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Because the market is constantly and slowly, gradually changing. Trading methods that worked fine a couple of years ago are hardly working now. Even if you trade manually.

A man adapts to these changes. The machine does not.

I have talked to people who professionally deal with autotrading. This is a constant revision and remodeling of algorithms for the market. And the material and labour costs are heavy. According to them, the lifetime of the algorithm is 2-3 months.

Hypothetically, you could probably create an adaptive machine. One that will last for years. :)

So to summarise your point, there's no algorithm that makes a profit all the time, is there?

Anonim_1:
To summarise your point, there is no algorithm that makes a profit all the time, is there?
Yeah, pretty much.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Да, примерно так.

I see