HFT, Arbitrage - page 7

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Our activities have nothing to do with forex. 1 lot in forex is worth 100,000 units of the base currency and is not sold in instalments. Who we are playing with is unclear. This game has no name. It will never be the same. (c)

Do you see millionaires here on this forum? For most it's more of a hobby, like collecting stamps.

I don't know, I don't communicate on the subject of financial wealth :) It's a hobby for me too, it trains my brain.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
I don't know, I don't talk about the financial status of the forum users :) It's a hobby for me too, it trains my brain.

I'm not going to discuss it. I'm just stating. :)

Tell me, can you play with your hands and make a profit? Stable. Time after time after time.

In 2008 I decided that while I can not learn, no automata can not dream. I did, and not bad at it. To understand what's behind all the changes on the market. But I still haven't got a machine that works. :)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I'm not going to discuss it. I'm just stating. :)

Tell me, can you play with your hands and make a profit? Stable. Time after time after time.

In 2008 I decided I wouldn't dream of having any machines until I learned. I did, and not badly. To understand what is behind all the changes on the market. But I still don't have a stable machine. :)

I mean not that I don't communicate on principle, I just don't ask, and it's not that interesting :)

I used to trade with hands for about 5 years, about a year and a half I've been trying to switch to autotrading because I'm bored with my hands. I've been working as an analyst for 4 years now. I used to trade pretty good, I even have some money left from trading.) I used fractal analysis by Mandelbrot, I even used special software, and I deal with the volumes and some fundamental stuff. Last time I earned good money with some robot on the autopilot, but I had to use it in early autumn. It was a risky strategy but it gave me more than 1000% after 2.5 months, I was really lucky to withdraw before the robot started abusing my money and I don't use martingale any more :)

Manual trading and machines are 2 big differences. I like strategies that can't be traded by hand. I would throw away all experience of hand trading by switching to bots, personally I don't benefit from it at all here.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
Yes, for about 5 years I traded with hands, about a year and a half I've been trying to switch to autotrading, because I'm bored with hands. Quite successful, even still have some money left from trading )

Likewise. :)

Sometimes I wonder if I should take up options. It's a leisurely occupation. I've got the calculating software. Not so good with time. I don't know.

By the way, options. So, what do you think of arbitrage? Much more effective than in Forex. I wish we could make automatic programs for them. But I have no idea how.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Likewise. :)

At times I wonder if I should take up options. It's a leisurely occupation. I've got the calculating software. Not so good with time. I don't know.

By the way, options. What's not arbitrage? Much more effective than forex. I wish we could make automatic software for them. But I have no idea how.

I only write bots in MT, I'm too lazy to use any other software :) If they make options in MT5, it would be wonderful, I may try some experiments.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
I only write bots in MT, I'm too lazy to use other software :) If they make options in MT5, it would be great, I could try some experiments.
I don't think so.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
I don't think so.
They promised options.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
Options were promised.

Let's say they give you an options board. Options require specific software. Specific display of settlement information. We certainly can't expect it in the foreseeable future. And what to do with it, the board.

In options, normal Excel & VBA are very handy, if you have access to / from the terminal. And this contradicts the Metakvot concept.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Let's say they give you an options board. Specific software is needed for options. Specific display of settlement information. We certainly cannot expect it in the foreseeable future. And what to do with it, the board.

In options, normal Excel & VBA are very handy, if you have access to / from the terminal. And this contradicts the Metakvot concept.

Concepts change for the benefit of the business. Look at the hedge in MT5) And, as promised, sooner or later they will.

Комбинатор:
hft don't need investors at the trade stage ))
why don't hfts need investors?