What do you think of multicurrency indicators? - page 8

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

He might not even have realised that synchronisation was necessary. Maybe he still doesn't.

And it is not an easy task to write a normal multicurrency indicator for MT5. I haven't got my "i-index" to a perfect state, although I've been writing and testing it for weeks.

Perhaps, it is so. And how would you formulate a request for freelancing, to be clear - what is meant by synchronization. As far as I understand, the problem is what to do if one of the instruments simply has no bars in some part of the history, while the other does.

Youri Tarshecki:
That may be so. And how would you formulate a freelance application to make it clear - what is meant by synchronisation. As far as I understand, the whole problem is what to do if one of the instruments simply has no bars on some part of the history, and the other does.
Take the last known price.

Youri Tarshecki:
This may be the case. And how would you formulate a freelance request to make it clear - what does synchronization mean? As far as I understand it, the problem is what to do if one of the instruments simply has no bars on some part of the history, while the other does.

Yes, that's the problem. Imagine how the indicator should work online, and set a goal for it to work the same way on history (in fact, not to redraw).

Well, decide whether using the prices of the two instruments, if they are obtained at different times suits you. If not, then write it that way - the time-synchronized prices should be used for calculations.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Yes, that's the problem. Imagine how the indicator should work online, and set a goal for it to work the same way on history (in fact, not to redraw).

Well, decide whether using the prices of the two instruments, if they are obtained at different times suits you. If not, then write it that way - the time-synchronized prices should be used for calculations.

Thanks, I will do so. Although, in my case, I just need to prevent the indicator from acting irregularly during optimization. If it is only about bars, it most probably occurs at night when the liquidity drops. And my Expert Advisor does not work at night anyway. Therefore, by the way, maybe it will be enough to exclude night time from formation of indicator signals, i.e. just add limitation of work time to the indicator. In Forex, there are a couple of ticks for almost any bar of any symbol during the daytime.)

By the way, I noticed that in the evening time correlation of indices (say, GBP), which are provided by some providers, works better than, for individual pairs. Is it because there are many pairs accounted for in the index and therefore the timing is better?

Youri Tarshecki:

Thanks, I will do so. Although, in my case so far I just need to keep the indicator from being misbehaving during optimisation, online has nothing to do with it. And if it is only about bars - most likely, the mismatch occurs at night, when the liquidity drops. And my Expert Advisor does not work at night anyway. Therefore, by the way, maybe it will be enough to exclude night time from formation of indicator signals, i.e. just add limitation of work time to the indicator. In Forex, there are a couple of ticks for almost any bar of any symbol during the daytime.)

Yes, there are omissions at night. And there are different start times of the quoting session.

And the high and low prices of different instruments are not synchronized.

I did not suggest in vain to watch the work online, by observing the construction you can understand how the indicator should be calculated on history.

And after restarting the working indicator the picture should remain the same as it was. This will mean that the indicator traces the data synchronization.

Good luck.

Conducted a simple experiment using regular MT5 indicators as qualitative indicators of correlation. For this purpose I just added a simple condition to the existing Expert Advisor - some oscillating indicator of a correlating symbol must be directed in the appropriate direction. The direction of the indicator is determined by comparing its value on the zero bar with the bar N of the history. For example, RSI_on_0_bar>RSI_on_N_bar.

Took the amount of net profit of the Forwards as an estimation of its performance. Walking-Forward optimization method for 12 months. Starting conditions are the same. Ratio of optimized period to the forward 2 months to 1 month, i.e. step of the forward 1 month.

The results have been checked for repeatability, i.e. they are reliable, the testing has been performed by an automated optimizer. I have not changed ANYTHING in the Expert Advisor, except for handles of correlated indicators.

The conclusion is ambiguous: there are indicators that improve trading by being intended to indicate the correlation and there are some that are vice versa. The best result has DeMarker and the worst one - RVI. What is it about?

RSI CCI RVI TriX DeMarker Control
Dec.14 114,3 -49,8 -249,5 206,6 375,2 -345,1
Jan.15 77,9 12 -40,7 84,6 346,9 298,2
Feb.15 472,8 480,4 292,6 -155,1 140,8 63,4
March.15 -898,5 -546,3 -130 -0,6 389,7 110,3
apr.15 156,2 348,2 -37,4 57 7,6 17,8
May.15 635,1 285 384,3 495,1 124,8 552,2
Jun.15 859,5 319,9 -197,3 -37,5 344,6 385,5
July 15 312,9 -130,4 342,1 -35,5 30,5 577,5
Aug.15 608,8 310,7 431,8 862 1 002,80 404,2
sen.15 21,7 33,8 -336 25 -222,2 -114,1
Oct.15 -372,5 92,6 -51,6 79 -54,8 -181,7