What do you think of multicurrency indicators? - page 5

The idea is this: take a time interval, identify the leader of growth and decline, enter the trade, after the same time interval identify the leaders, and assess the previous trade - if in the plus, then keep it, if in the minus, then change leaders.

Who tried to test this algorithm on history using the Expert Advisor? That is, we buy USDCHF at market opening, and wait for the next weekend.

Aleksandr Shokhin:

The idea is this: take a time interval, identify the leader of growth and decline, enter the trade, after the same time interval identify the leaders, and assess the previous trade - if in the plus, then keep it, if in the minus, then change leaders.

Who tried to test this algorithm on history using the Expert Advisor? That is, we buy USDCHF at market opening, and wait for the next weekend.

I tried to determine the leader according to volatility, e.g. more volatility means that the currency is the initiator of the general movement, used a similar indicator, but it turned out that volatility is not the indicator of a leader of one or another currency, for example EURUSD / GBPUSD volatility is often higher for GBP, but the profitability of Expert Advisor is higher, if EUR is ALWAYS considered as the leader.

artemiusgreat:
I tried to determine the leader based on volatility, like if there is more momentum, it means that the currency is the initiator of the general movement, I used a similar indicator, but it turned out that volatility is not an indicator of leadership of one or another currency, for example, in the EURUSD / GBPUSD tangle the volatility of GBP is often higher, but the profitability of the Expert Advisor is higher, if EUR is ALWAYS the leader.

Aleksandr Shokhin:
I'm telling you I wrote an EA that trades master-slave on volatility and it doesn't work, at least too unstable, what are you trying to say with this picture?

artemiusgreat:
I'm telling you that I wrote an EA that trades a leader-slave by volatility and it doesn't work, at least too unstable, what are you trying to say with this illustration?

That it was possible to enter the trade according to the principle I gave above: find the leaders, and enter the trade.

This primitive indicator shows a conditional index of 5 currencies.

On the current graph you can clearly see where a currency (not to be confused with a pair) is overbought or oversold.

Rough?

Sure.

But who in the markets today will give me a guarantee of execution accuracy in anything?

Everything is approximate and relative. The main thing is that it helps.

buy the fastest rising and sell the fastest falling?

What if there is a reversal?

artemiusgreat:
I tried to determine the leader according to volatility, e.g. more volatility means that the currency is the initiator of the overall movement, used a similar indicator, but it turns out that volatility is not an indicator of leadership of a particular currency, for example, in the EURUSD / GBPUSD tandem GBP volatility is often higher, but the profitability of the Expert Advisor is higher, if EUR is ALWAYS the leader.

1. the initiator of a general movement (even if one exists) is precisely a poor subject for trading, high volatility may well be combined with chaotic movement...

2. most volatility indicators are relative, i.e. they compare the chart to itself, not displaying absolute currency movements.

Youri Tarshecki:

1. the initiator of a general movement (even if one exists) is precisely a poor subject for trading, high volatility may well be combined with chaotic movement...

2. most volatility indicators are relative, i.e. they compare the chart to itself, not displaying absolute currency movements.

!!!

Youri Tarshecki: Most volatility indicators are relative, i.e. they compare the chart to itself and do not show absolute movements of currencies.
I converted all pairs to USD, it looks very absolute to me, what is your definition of "absolute movement"?