Moderation in the marketplace - page 7

Novikov:

1) Do manuals come with the Windows already? Haven't noticed! :) But I did bother to read the minimum hardware requirements!

But if you follow your message, you should have found and read the manual before buying. You can google it, but that doesn't mean you didn't bother to read it before buying the system. And that's OK, because nobody does. I'm generally wary of people who start by searching and reading manuals.

The most likely reasons are two:

1) You have experience with something like this and have some assumptions about how the system should function. Indicator users have their own experience and assumptions: if you downloaded/bought an indicator, it should produce something when you run it. What the hell are the logs, what are they (I was asked this question directly by a client a few years ago)? If it doesn't happen, just like if some Windows function doesn't work, he's unlikely to start with the manual, like you :)

You are more likely to search the internet for similar problems or contact support/the seller. And the salesman will think "why is everyone so stupid and don't read manuals"? What do you think, what do you think Google will advise on the query "MT4 indicator does not show anything" and will there be an answer for the case of your product?

On the other hand, if you insert the Windows installation disk into the drive, all sorts of tips will be available there from the beginning (and probably even the ability to access edits). It is unlikely that you have built something like that into the indicator. Or have you built it in, and does it have a help/help button?

2) You assume you can figure it out on the fly. That's the way people are built. It's the same with indicators, reading manuals is exhausting.

P.S. Did I get it right, that in your product the environment requirements are at the very end (I mean 28 characters)? If so, the requirements should come first, that's a good tone. The most critical information comes first.

P.P.S. Manuals also tend to get out of date. When the program changes and the manual stays the same (deliberately because of "laziness" or unintentionally because of "failure to see"). I still believe that it is best if the software communicates with the user on its own.

But I'm not claiming to be right in all my judgments, just calling to look at things a bit more broadly. Even if the moderator is wrong. But what if it is not the moderator but the client? Is the client wrong too? Or is the client always right?

Rosh:

So simply issue a message about missing pairs via Alert() or MessageBox(), then shoot the loser.

MessageBox in an indicator? You can't

Novikov:

To the programmer I will describe the result and log messages!

How should I know why the indicator is not showing, if I've received only this message : "The indicator doesn't show anything" and only after I asked "In the market watch are all 28 pairs with 8 currencies available? Are the quotes of TimeCalc parameter loaded in all 28 pairs? What are the log messages?" - after leading questions I got the answer about the log messages!

Well, how is a moderator supposed to guess what the problem is ?

"In the market overview all 28 pairs with 8 currencies are available?

How do you expect the trader to check it? And most interesting, how will he check it ?????

Automate this process, it is realistic to do... And just in case, are you aware that an open instrument in the market overview window is not always enough to get accurate price data ???

Alexey:
Yes, just like you, according to your mood.

What's the matter, we're not professionals, that's not allowed?!

I do everything the moderator tells me to do.

If I have to be a psychic, I'll be a professional.

"I'm going to count Your Excellency now."

That's how Suvorov's soldier answered the question of how many stars there are in the sky.

Novikov:

Suff="", Preff=""
variables allow to use the indicator at those brokers, who use suffix or prefix in currency pair names. For example EURUSD_ht, EURUSD.m, EURUSDf, etc.

The recommendations are .
The indicator is resource-intensive. During trading, we recommend using
HistoryBars = 120 or less, TF = D1 or W1, TimeCalc = h1
For medium-term trading, within a week, we recommend
TF = D1 and TimeCalc = h1
For long-term trading, more than a week, we recommend
TF = W1 and TimeCalc = h1 or h4

The first one can be automated and the client does not need to worry about suffixes and prefixes

The second one doesn't have enough market overview, that's probably why the indicator didn't render anything....

Novikov:

Interesting post! Even interesting to answer! :)

1) Are manuals already included with the Winda? Haven't noticed! :) But I did bother to read the minimum hardware requirements!

On the desktop, click on an empty space and press F1. voila, the manual opens...

VOLDEMAR:

How is a moderator supposed to know what the problem is?

How can you imagine a trader checking it out? And most interesting, how would he check it ????

Automate this process, it's real to do ... And just in case, you know that the open instrument in the market review window is not always enough to get accurate price data ???

VOLDEMAR:

We could automate the first one and not bother the client with suffixes and prefixes.

the second one is not enough market overview, that's probably why the indicator didn't draw anything....

Automate, make, add - all this is not on this topic. This is a modification, improvement and refinement of the indicator. And this is a discussion about "Moderation in the marketplace"!

Thanks for the tip, but we are not discussing the performance of the indicator and suggestions for improvement! And no proger can take into account all the nuances, because there are too many idiot users, you cannot adapt to all of them!

stenrobot:

What's the matter, we're not professionals, that's not allowed?!

I do everything diligently as the moderator says.

If I have to be a psychic, I'll be a professional.

"I'm going to count Your Excellency now."

That's how Suvorov's soldier answered the question of how many stars are in the sky.

Your diligence is commendable, you do not need to be a psychic, just a professional.

Yes, it is a bad thing.

They wouldmakea cluster indicator, and would put it on the market, despite the fact that all 15-18 tools bring the computer into disrepair, and if this is added to errors in the quotes for any of the tools and that's it: "the indicator does not draw anything".

What the hell was Semech's idea to make up cluster indicators to ruin the lives of moderators?

Aah! Aah!

Alexey:

Your performance is a commendable thing, you don't need to be psychic to do it, just professional.

I don't agree What kind of professional

No professional can embrace all the"stupidity" of users?-It's limitless.