Moderation in the marketplace - page 6

VOLDEMAR:

I understand that it does not draw anything, no indicator information, no error messages, etc. How would a moderator know what the problem is, please tell me?

He put an indicator on the chart and nothing has been drawn. How should he know what the problem is or what he should tell you? You put yourself in the moderator's shoes, you have run the program with no results, what would you write to the programmer?

I have a new product, advice.

I have a new product-advisor who's been messing around with the comments for 10 days.

stenrobot:

Who, I don't want to be a psychic!?

I really want to be a psychic, but it just doesn't work.

Can you tell me how it works for you?

Does it work?

Yeah, it's just like yours... depending on the mood.

stenrobot:

Voldemar the turkey is not mine, he's at Novikov's.

I have a new product - an advisor who, for 10 days now, has been confused by the remarks

Start with the first one and work through the comments one by one.

ENSED:

Answer honestly:

1) Did you read the Windows manual before you bought it (I assume you are buying it, not pirating it)?

2) Have you read the MT4 manual before you installed it?

3) Have you read the rules of the marketplace before you start working with it? :)

If the answer to even one question is no, then I think you should reconsider your position.

Well and a question for a simple logician: imagine yourself a moderator who has to look through several dozen programs in a day (loading order - I take from the ceiling). Would you read the manual for each program, especially if at the first attempt to start there are no visible results?

Interesting post! Even interesting to answer! :)

1) Do manuals come with the Winda already? Haven't noticed! :) But still bothered to read the minimum hardware requirements!

2) originally NOT, but when the new builds came and the chronology of folders has changed - I read it, in order to be aware of it. And when I got confused - I searched for answers on forums, and then wrote about the problem to servicedesk.

3) I read - I didn't remember everything, so I remembered some errors, in particular, Russian on the screenshots and in the messages. And the description was done to the maximum, as far as allowed to limit the number of letters.

As for "present yourself as a moderator" - it's his job, not a hack, which he does at random or at his discretion!

And shouldn't the question automatically arise as to why the indicator doesn't work - "the cause is on my part (hands, head, terminal, etc.) or the cause is in the product itself"?

But the one-sided conclusion about the product not working is made instantly, without any attempt to find out the reason (why bother and waste your time)!

Alexey:
What to read recommendations they should be, no need to blame your incompetence, on me and the moderator. I told you to post the description and recommendations for indyuku, that it would be clear what we're talking about

DESCRIPTION(p.s. added after the first post from the moderator, although the instructions state this from the beginning):

The Universum Cluster Currency indicator - graphically displays the trend of each currency, in the form of a line in a separate window.

The indicator can generate signals indicating the start and end of a trend on a single pair or currency cluster or on a synthetic instrument with specified parameters such as order direction and size.

Wide opportunities for setting up the analysis of time series for a given period of time.
It can be used as the only and main trend indicator, as well as an additional secondary filter.

Input parameters for the cluster indicator
Display="USD,EUR,GBP,CHF,CAD,AUD,NZD,JPY"
This variable specifies the currencies that will be displayed, separated by commas, as well as a synthetic symbol with the direction and size of orders, such as: EURGBP+1.0 AUDNZD+1.4 CADCHF-1.4
HistoryBars=120
Specify the number of bars to display the indicator lines at the current timeframe
TF=D1
Time frame, for which the calculation is performed - minimum m1, maximum W1
TimeCalc=h1
Timeframe, by which the TF parameter is calculated - minimum m1, maximum D1. Obligatory TimeCalc <= TF
Smoothing=0
Smoothing, by default it is not used
Info=true
Show currency names and their numeric data on or off
Window_Number=1
Indicator window number. This parameter is used for correct display of information, if several basement indicators are available in one chart.
tex_magic="cluster"
Text label of the indicator written in global variables that can be used in Expert Advisors
MA_period=0
Using MovingAverage relative to a single line - to a cluster or to a single currency. Turns on at MA_period > 0
MA_shift=0
MovingAverage shift
MA_method=Simple
MovingAverage method: Simple, Exponential, Smoothed, LinearWeighted,
MA_price=PRICE_CLOSE
Apply to: Close, Open, High, Low, Median Price (HL/2), Typical Price (HLC/3), Weighted Close (HLCC/4)
Suff="", Preff=""
variables allow to use the indicator with those brokers, who use a suffix or prefix in the names of currency pairs. For example EURUSD_ht, EURUSD.m, EURUSDf, etc.

Colours of currency cluster lines
USD - Aqua (also used for synthetic)
EUR - Lime
GBP - OrangeRed
CHF - White
CAD - Yellow
AUD - Red
NZD - Magenta
JPY - DodgerBlue

Instructions
Make sure all 28 currency pairs containing 8 currencies (USD, EUR, GBP, CHF, CAD, AUD, NZD, JPY) are present in the Market Watch window.
Ensure that the quotes for all pairs, TimeCalc timeframe are loaded.
Drag and drop the "Universum Cluster Currency" indicator from the Navigator to the chart, and adjust the input parameters as you wish.

Tips
The indicator is resource intensive. When trading, it is recommended to use
HistoryBars = 120 or less, TF = D1 or W1, TimeCalc = h1
For medium-term trading, within the week, it is recommended
TF = D1 and TimeCalc = h1
For long-term trading, more than a week, it is recommended
TF = W1 and TimeCalc = h1 or h4

When specifying in the Display Synthetic, it is recommended that the sum of order sizes modulo equal to 1. If this recommendation is not followed, the calculation will have a small margin of error.

Note

Proof of correct "non-linear" averaging is the same shape of the cluster indicator line on different timeframes for the same cluster - it is the shape and timing of the points where the cluster line crosses the zero line.

p.s. For the correct work of the indicator in the market review, you need to have 28 currency pairs.

stenrobot:

In general, I must say that sometimes comments from moderators are for the good of the product.

But for God's sake let them say what they do not like, so that the seller could take effective measures, otherwise it turns out that we all have to be clairvoyants

PP By the way can not embrace all the"stupidity" of users?- it is infinite.

))) agree 100%

Novikov:

Interesting post! Even interesting to answer! :)

1) Are manuals already included with the Winda? Haven't noticed! :) But still bothered to read the minimum hardware requirements!

2) originally NOT, but when the new builds came and the chronology of folders has changed - I read it, in order to be aware of it. And when I got confused - I searched for answers on forums, and then wrote about the problem to servicedesk.

3) I read - I didn't memorise everything, so I remembered some inaccuracies, namely the Russian in screenshots and messages. And the description was done to the maximum, as far as allowed to limit the number of letters.

As for "present yourself as a moderator" - it's his job, not a hack, which he does at random or at his discretion!

And shouldn't the question automatically arise as to why the indicator does not work - "the cause is on my part (hands, head, terminal, etc.) or the cause is in the product itself"?

But the one-sided conclusion that the product does not work is made instantly, without any attempt to find out the reason (why bother and waste your time)!

Consumers write negative reviews instantly too, better deal with the product now!

VOLDEMAR:

At least the moderator told you that it does not draw anything, as I understand nothing at all, no information of the indicator, no error messages or anything else, how the moderator should guess what your problem is, please explain?

He put an indicator on the chart and nothing has been copied. How should he know what the problem is or what he should write to you? You put yourself in the shoes of the moderator, run the program without any results, what would you write to the programmer?

I describe the results to the programmer and the messages in the log!

And how should I guess why the indicator is not displayed, if I've received only this message "The indicator doesn't draw anything" and only after specifying the questions "In the market survey, all 28 pairs with 8 currencies are available? Are the quotes of TimeCalc parameter loaded in all 28 pairs? What are the log messages?" - after leading questions I got the answer about the log messages!

Novikov:

To the programmer I will describe the result and the messages in the log!

And how am I supposed to guess why exactly the indicator is not displayed, if I only got this message "The indicator does not draw anything" and only after clarifying questions "In the market overview all 28 pairs with 8 currencies are available? Are the quotes of TimeCalc parameter loaded in all 28 pairs? What are the log messages?" - after leading questions I got the answer about the log messages!

In general - why do I need an indicator on the chart that cannot be drawn? So we just produce a message about missing pairs using Alert() or MessageBox() and then shoot the loser.

This way the user is guaranteed to know what the problem is.

MessageBox - Документация на MQL4
  • docs.mql4.com
MessageBox - Документация на MQL4

Applying my telepathic skills I see 2 problems already ) :

1. no history on the required symbols

2. No check for the division by zero in the code because of the lack of history by pairs, this situation(zero divide) appears and the indicator successfully crashes

Make sure that the quotes for all pairs and TimeCalc timeframe are loaded.

It is desirable to check this automatically and display a message, otherwise you will get tired of writing to users that they should download the history.