Emotions when trading - page 16

Globtroter:
These are the (break-even) signals that I have been able to monitor, they open with large lots.
And sitting in a drawdown for a long time, they fix positions immediately after they breakeven.
I do not see the point in such trading.
The risk/reward ratio comes to naught.
They are in a hurry to fix themselves for their subscribers.
I will give you another example.
I have a deposit size of 4444 on each of my signals.
Even if I have a drawdown of the size described in the example (just over 2000), the capital adequacy allows me to stay afloat.
And I will not repeat the mistakes of those guys.
I will not close positions even if they shoot to breakeven and there is already a floating gain in profits.
Why close if the target isn't met...?

One of the assumptions that they trade hands is that they take a lot of risk with deep drawdowns and large lots.
And having successfully gone through this period - they hurry to close positions faster and fix profits, so that their stats would be better.
Instead of taking all of the movement of the slippage and add to it that way.

In short, give me some time.
I'll show you the world super class.
It's just hard for me to argue with you all.
Let you see the result for yourselves.
I set myself to this task when I was studying my competitors (signal providers).
There are so many mistakes that it would not be difficult for me to get into the rankings.
I am concerned about the formula for calculating the rating for a reason.
After all, it takes into account the drawdown size in percent.
But let's not forget that as the capital grows, these kinds of drawdowns become less significant.
You do not need this rating, earn for yourself, anyway, there will be someone who will beat you.

Globtroter:
I will go back to trading gold under two conditions:
-If gold continues to stagnate while the dollar strengthens.
-If there's a tenfold capital gain.
And I'll go back to it when the euro goes bust. Or maybe even after the franc.

To continue talking about gold and following the trend:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Do I need to follow the trend?

mmmoguschiy, 2015.02.12 14:01

We were having a conversation about trend following. The opponents were spitting that a trend cannot just change, that it should be followed and if it goes against you it is only a drawdown, that it will pass soon and we should fill it up with Limits or Marquets as it is growing.

To continue the discussion and to make a separate thread on the subject I will give an example of gold:

So, let us move back to the year 2011. Up to September 2011 we had a steady upward trend. So, as stated by the opponents, we should have entered by buying at the point represented by the arrow. Suppose we did and "went in position" on the gold ... I think there is no point in going any further :-D

Alexey:
You don't need this rating, make money for yourself, there will be someone who will beat you anyway.
I really like this portal.
I've settled here for a long time.
And in order for my opinion to be taken into account, I have to prove myself.
I'm fully aware that I'm a beginner and do not know anything about automated trading (it's just a question of time).
But in manual trading, no matter who says what they say about me, I know how to trade on the trend.
And for me a trend is a trend that doesn't change its direction "out of the blue" ...
Trend is your Frend... Who hasn't heard it?
It's in every trading book.
It's just that I haven't been chasing the "quick money" for a long time.
And the mistakes I went through cost me dearly.
So expensive that I had to draw the right conclusions.
Arguing is useless and a thankless task.
Time is better to put everything in its place.
If a trader does not believe in his analysis, cannot calculate and has no self-control - there is nothing to trade.

mmmoguschiy:

When gold went to those high levels, I was just thinking of selling... :-))

Alexey:
And I will go back to it when the euro goes bust. Maybe even after the franc.
It could be that gold goes up before the union collapses.
One of the leading indicators for gold is XAU/EUR (Euro denominated gold).
The price has already moved upwards amidst a weaker currency.
We also see a weakening correlation with the dollar.
There are a lot of weighty arguments like that in favour of gold.
But... At a time when tighter monetary policy in the US is expected - super dangerous...

Globtroter:
When gold went to those high levels, I was just thinking of selling... :-))
strange - the euro is falling - you confirm it and say you should sell. Gold was rising - you were going to sell. Weren't you going to sell in 2010? Now gold is obviously falling - you were going to buy. Either you have confused the terms or ...? ))

Globtroter:
It could be that gold goes up before it collapses.
One of the leading indicators for gold is the XAU/EUR (Euro denominated gold).
The price has already moved upwards amidst a weaker currency.
We also see a weakening correlation with the dollar.
There are a lot of weighty arguments like that in favour of gold.
But... At a time when a tightening of the DCP is expected in the US - super dangerous...
Fine, it won't fall apart this time, it will fall apart next time, I'm actually in no hurry.

Globtroter:

One of the leading indicators for gold is XAU/EUR (Euro denominated gold).

heh - there's the Grail - I'm already one step away from the first million :-D

mmmoguschiy:
strange - the euro is falling - you confirm this and say we should sell. Gold was rising - you were going to sell. Weren't you going to sell in 2010? Now gold is obviously falling - you're going to buy. Either you have confused the terms or ...? ))
Gold has always only gone up but not vice versa.
After such corrections as we have now, it is wise to either stay out of the market or look for buying opportunities.
I've written before why I gave up this idea.

At that tumultuous growth nothing but sales came to mind.
And those who were going to buy, at that time, wanted to get on the bygone train.

The trend of the single currency weakening has been going on for years, my colleague.
Maybe you'd like some links to analysis...?
You surprise me.