Billy, where's my money, or How to write a New Year's Miracle in a couple of hours - page 5

Since this is a New Year's tester experiment, I guess it's OK to indulge in a martin. Stop loss =1% of deposit, Take is twice as much. After the loss the risk is multiplied by two, when the take is triggered we have breakeven or profit. After the 7th draw the deposit is finished, but looking at statistics, the probability is small. I wonder how much profit we will get before we lose. You can limit the trade if +100% depo came, as if to withdraw) Treat each loss as a global loss)

Tapochun:
Suggestions...

A few posts above

"Suggestion to limit trade by holding time, for example hold a trade for one trading period 15 min if at M15, one hour if at H1 etc. or even N periods and display it in the options"

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Billy, where's my money, or how to write a New Year's Miracle in a couple of hours

IvanIvanov, 2014.12.31 11:20

I think it changes its signal to the opposite after 1-2 candles.

Still, it is useful on flat movements.... If you do not know the difference between the two, then you should use this function to detect some kind of feedback

The proposal to limit the deal to a holding time, for example, keep the deal one trading period of 15 minutes if at M15, an hour if H1, etc. or even N periods and display in the settings

Olegts:

My practice shows that any premature profit limits reduce the profitability of the EA, there is no lot build up here, so no severe drawdown in funds either. You can add a trailing edge, but that will not work.

:-) Now we have to decide on timeliness :-)

Kino:
Since this is a New Year's tester experiment, I guess it's OK to indulge in a martin. Stop loss =1% of deposit, Take is twice as much. After the loss the risk is multiplied by two, when the take is triggered we have breakeven or profit. After the 7th draw the deposit is finished, but looking at statistics, the probability is small. I wonder how much profit we will get before we lose. You can limit trade if +100% depo came, as if to withdraw) treat each drawdown as a global forego)
We should attach Martin as a last resort, when entries and exits will be honed.

Tapochun:

So, finished testing the second (author's) version of the indicator on EURUSD... I don't know... whether to test it on USDCHF... I don't like it... OK, one test on M5 for prevention...

EURUSD always gives the best result on such Expert Advisors, if you notice.

There is no point in increasing the risk of loss by using other pairs. I think this is because it's the most active pair for traders, which means there are always decent corrections even in strong trends, too many people trade on this particular instrument.

Olegts:

EURUSD always gives the best result on such EAs, if you notice.

There is no point in increasing the risk of losing by using other pairs. I think this is due to the fact that it is the most active pair for traders, which means that even with strong trends there are always decent corrections, too many people trade on this particular instrument.

Yes, I agree...

Friends, I propose the following modification... Make something like a "grid". With refill by "round" levels. Let me explain. The position opened at 1.34334 and did not go in our direction. Levels like 1.34, 1.335, etc. - are psychologically important, and the price often bounces from them... Therefore I suggest to sell at the approach to such a level with a minimum lot. I suggest this because my Expert Advisor frequently closes in a small profit with big intermediate drawdowns. So, I think it should help.

Tapochun:
Friends, I propose the following modification... Make something like a "grid". With refill by "round" levels. Let me explain. The position opened at 1.34334 and did not go in our direction. Levels like 1.34, 1.335, etc. - are psychologically important, and the price often bounces from them... Therefore I suggest to sell at the approach to such a level with a minimum lot. I suggest this because my Expert Advisor frequently closes in a small profit with big intermediate drawdowns. So, I think it may help.
This is also an option, I wonder what will happen.

Tapochun:
Friends, I propose the following modification... Make something like a "grid". With refill by "round" levels. Let me explain. The position opened at 1.34334 and did not go in our direction. Levels like 1.34, 1.335, etc. - are psychologically important, and the price often bounces from them... Therefore I suggest to sell at the approach to such a level with a minimum lot. I suggest this because my Expert Advisor frequently closes in a small profit with big intermediate drawdowns. So, I think it should help.
You may consider the option of topping up at a new signal in the same direction and coefficient of topping up in the settings

IvanIvanov:
We can consider adding on a new signal in the same direction and the ratio of additions to the settings
This would be something like a martin, but martin is not good here because the profit on positions is different, and the more the loss, usually more! So it seems to me that martin will lead us into an even bigger hole than the profit.