Fractal theory - page 9

-Aleks-:
Information for reflection on fractals and chaos http://xcont.com/ru.html
It was interesting, I think something similar happens in the market, and if you imagine in this form, there are many of these squares (several currency pairs). Most probably it is not even a cube, but a multidimensional body, and the price of each pair is just a projection of this figure. It's quite difficult to imagine it, so it's hard to comprehend. I'll try to think along those lines. But if you have any ideas, it would be interesting to hear.

-Aleks-:
What if we increase the interval to the next bar along the abscissa axis using Fibonacci numbers instead of fixed points?
We can try to do it in Excel, or write a simple indicator based on minutes, I do not even know what will happen, but to what values to increase?

-Aleks-:
What if we increase the interval to the next bar on the abscissa axis using Fibonacci numbers rather than fixed points?
The idea is more interesting than it might seem at first glance. You could make a floating timeframe in this way, so that the shape of the graph always remains constant...

223231:
the idea is more interesting than it might seem at first glance. You could thus make the timeframe float so that the shape of the chart always remains constant...
The price goes by Fibo or do you want time by Fibo and price constant - the chart is the opposite, it's even more confusing ...

The market is just a price driven by our general trader's buy-sell participation, but even more so by politicians and their Central Bankers. What clear pattern or calm growth of the fractal tree can there be? Even the flow of a river can be predicted by studying the terrain. But with the market only probability, because it is a self-regulating system seeking equilibrium at every moment. At each moment, someone is adding and someone is withdrawing, and it is only in this that technicians have found a wave pattern, and it turned out to be alive - a fractal pattern. Greed and fear are our fractals, psychology is fractal, and intuitively we try to balance, but it is chaos that moves us and fight it .. . Who can predict the chaos ... and even the universe is expanding ... but then it may be strong correction))

223231:
It was interesting, I think something similar happens in the market, and if you imagine in this form, there are many of these squares (several currency pairs). Most probably, it is not even a cube, but a multidimensional body, and the price of each pair is just a projection of this figure. It's quite difficult to imagine it, so it's hard to comprehend. I'll try to think along those lines. But if there are any ideas, it would be interesting to listen.

Yeah, that's about what I thought... but this circumstance makes it difficult to perceive.

One could then imagine the market (human labour costs) all as a fractal, which according to a formula he knows started to branch off into different assets, and when these assets cross, new transformations and transformations take place...

I want to tell the author of the first post that even if you get a formula, it will describe the past, and in a static state.

And you will not be able to get a prediction from it.

Consequently, you should react to the latest price changes and move in the same direction.

If a movement will increase (and this already implies a variable like time, which is obviously not available in the description of graphical objects using any formulas and for any dimensions), the appropriate reaction is needed, and if the movement changes, the appropriate reaction is needed in this case as well.

Conclusion: The most successful trader will be the one who can react faster and more flexibly (flexibly, in this case, implies using the information from the higher level charts (another fractal dimension, if you want).

archimed2:

Conclusion: the most successful trader will be the one who can react faster and more flexibly (flexibly, in this case implies using information from higher level charts (another fractal dimension, if you like).

I think you have mixed up prediction (analysis of historical data - fractals, etc.) and high-frequency and/or algorithmic trading

archimed2:

I want to tell the author of the first post that even if you get a formula, it will describe the past, and in a static state.

A formula describing historical data is not difficult to obtain - neural network algorithms with properly prepared input data solve the problem perfectly

I used to do analysis of patterns (fractals and repetition of price movements) on historical data, according to my observations the market repeats price movements from history, but in percentage ratio: the amount of historical data to all found patterns, according to my observations, is less than 10%.

archimed2:

And you will not be able to get a prediction from it.

Consequently, you should react to the latest price changes and move in the same direction.

If a movement will increase (and this already implies a variable like time, which is obviously not available in the description of graphical objects using any formulas and for any dimensions), the appropriate reaction is needed, and if the movement changes, the appropriate reaction is needed in this case as well.

Conclusion: The most successful trader will be the one who can react faster and more flexibly (flexibly, in this case, implies using the information from the higher level charts (another fractal dimension, if you want).

I disagree, getting a formula even for historical data is interesting for research. Then you can collect statistical data on the rate of change of parameters and lifetime

elugovoy:

The Mandelbrodt set is at the heart of the structure of the fractal.

Development over time - tree growth, human development, scientific and technological progress... There are lots of examples.

Only it seems to me that if the market is a fractal (let's say a tree), then we are like ants on it... we can understand its nature, but we can influence it somehow... Alas.

I think this theory is not applicable here.

The market is ruled by ringleaders. Remember the recent example of the franc. Is it the collective mind, in your opinion, that produced such wild candles?

VDev:
The market is ruled by roundabouts. Remember the recent example of the franc. Is it the collective mind, in your opinion, that has produced such wild candles?
In a sense, yes, it's a "crowd reaction" to the news.