Suggestions and acknowledgements [Answers to newcomers in pictures] - page 5

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Answers to newbies in pictures

abolk, 2014.05.14 22:09

Is -- inserting (????) and attaching an indicator -- any different?

Why introduce deliberate confusion and shenanigans?

There is an official interpretation - "attaching to chart" - we should follow it - in addition, the command "attach to chart" in system menu of the terminal - it does not create new event "attach indicator".

Forum about trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

abolk, 2014.05.14 22:09

Is -- inserting (???) and attaching an indicator -- any different?

Why introduce deliberate confusion and shenanigans?

There is an official interpretation - "attaching to chart" - we should follow it - in addition, the command "attach to chart" in system menu of the terminal - it does not create new event "attach indicator".

Forum about trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

barabashkakvn, 2014.05.15 18:22

These are quotes from the terminal help:

Indicators are attached to the chart from the "Navigator" window using the "Drag'n'Drop" technology, the "Indicators" menu "Insert" command or the "Standard" toolbar button.

Technical indicators and objects are built into the terminal for analytical purposes. They can be applied directly to a chart and allow to forecast the further price dynamics.

After an indicator has been written and compiled, it can be applied to a chart.
In order toapply an indicator to a chart one should execute the "Attach toChart"commandof the indicator context menu in the "Navigator" window or double-click on it
The "Attach" menu contains objects that can be attached to the chart.

There is no unified definition that unambiguously describes the action, after which an indicator appears on the chart.

According to captions to the pictures: "Insert" - action in the "Insert" menu, "Attach" - action in the "Navigator" panel.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

abolk, 2014.05.15 18:36

Where in the quotes from the terminal help -- the term "insert indicator"? You have the 1st caption "Insert indicator" in the video explanation. Where does it go? And the 2nd caption is "Attaching indicator". And there is no explanation of what is the difference from the explained actions.

Do you understand the difference between the meaning of "insert" and "overlap/attach"?

If you began to write tips for beginners, you must make it difficult to be as correct as possible in wording.

Otherwise, because of the terminology introduced by self-tutors - then it is hard to understand what people are writing about in the TOR.

sergeev:

Alexey, with your "shuffling" of posts from one thread to another -- don't create a precedent -- when under the hurrah-voices "explanation to newbies" with a clever look you throw in the masses an outright nonsense.

My post -- was constructive of deciphering the incorrectness in the video explanation -- you moved it to some lefty "out of sight" thread.

You're experienced -- read what low-grade crap is being thrown in the ears of newbies:

--- https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/23583#comment_866347 What indicators there are. Filter Indicator

--- https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/23583#comment_867056 Indicator Entry Signals

What kind of under-explanation is that?

And then you have to clean up all these vague words in your conversations with beginners and in your technical tasks. They will refer to this branch, and the author of this branch is a moderator himself, like an authority.

Ответы новичкам в картинках
Ответы новичкам в картинках
  • www.mql5.com
Как наложить (прикрепить) индикатор на график.

abolk:

My mistake in the first picture was that the gif was only played once. Already corrected it. And the caption under the pictureis "Attaching the indicator via the "Insert"menu". And the result is a pasted indicator.

barabashkakvn:
In the first picture was my mistake - the gif was played only once. Already fixed. And the caption under the picturesays "Attaching the indicator via the "Insert"menu". And the result is a pasted indicator.

You are a strange character -- where does the indicator go?

Are you capable of self-learning?

And if the menu was called "View" -- would you then say "the indicator is visible"?

You yourself soberly quoted the help -- and there are only two phrases there -- "to be overlaid on the chart" and "to be attached to the chart" -- and the context menu is called "to be attached to the chart".

You don't have to invent anything - everything is already written - it's written for you - read it and draw conclusions.

abolk:

1.You are a strange character -- where does the indicator go?

2.Are you capable of self-learning?

3.And if the menu was called "View" -- would you then say "the indicator is visible"?

4.You yourself soberly quoted the help -- and there are only two phrases there -- "overlaid on the chart" and "attached to the chart".

1. The nickname is binding :)

2. Yes.

3. Really, that would be stupid.

4. It will be like this: The caption under the picture"Attaching an indicator via the Insert menu". And the result isthe indicator. (without "pasted"). And in the second gif it will be "and three more ways of attaching the indicator".

so it's all been cleared up.

are the new captions for the indicator connection OK?

... Вы способны самообучаться? ...

I don't want to end up like me when I once made two technical analysis threads here in Russia, but I got "bumped" by the coders ... in 9 pages... and ruined a good thing... They don't do it themselves and won't let others...

It's very easy to criticize someone else's (free) work ... much easier than doing something yourself for newbie lawyers.

Sorry - couldn't stand it - remembered my own case.

-------------

We just have to be kinder to each other ... colleagues ... :)

newdigital:

I don't want to end up like me when I once made two technical analysis threads here in Russia, but I got "bumped" by the coders ... in 9 pages... and ruined a good thing... They don't do it themselves and won't let others...

It's very easy to criticize someone else's (free) work ... much easier than doing something yourself for newbie lawyers.

THE BOOK AND THE BAR (Krylov I.A.)

Although the service is dear to us when we need it,
But for her not everyone is able to take:
God forbid we should mess with a fool!
A servile fool is a more dangerous enemy.

-------

Once upon a time there lived a homeless man,
Far from the city, in the middle of nowhere.
Of a deserted life, however sweetly written,
But not everyone can live in solitude:
"It's comforting to share both sadness and joy.

They'll say to me, "A meadow, a dark oak tree,
And the hills and the brooks and the silken grass?" -
"Beautiful, I say!
But I'm bored when I have no one to say a word to."
And so to that Desert Boy.
"He's bored of being alone forever.
He goes to the woods to meet his neighbours,
To get acquainted with someone.
In the woods, who will he come across,
Besides wolves or bears?

And sure enough, he meets a big bear,
But there's nothing to do: He takes off his hat
and bows to his sweet neighbour.
The neighbour gives him his paw,
And, word for word, they get to know each other,
Then they become friends,
Then they can't part
And they spend whole days together.
What they have and what they talk about,
Or jokes, or jokes, or jokes of some kind,

and how they talked,
I know not to this day.
The hermit was not talkative;
Mishuk is naturally silent:
So no trash is taken out of the house.
But, as it was, the hermit was very glad,
That God gave him a treasure in his friend.
He follows Mishenka everywhere, without Mishenka he's nauseated,
And he can't praise Mishenka enough.
One day the friends decided

on a hot day to wander through groves and meadows,
And the valleys and the mountains;
And as man is weaker than bear,
So our Desert Boy was sooner,
than Mishenka, was weary.
and began to lag behind his friend.
And seeing that, says Mishka to his friend:
"Lie down, brother, and rest,
If you want, you can suck it;
And I'll keep you here at your leisure."

The hermit was compliant: he lay down and yawned,
and immediately fell asleep.
And Mischka's on the clock - and he's not idle:
A fly landed on his friend's nose:
He swept his friend away;
He looked at him,
and the fly was on his cheek, and he swept it away again.
On his friend's nose,
and it's more and more unstoppable hour after hour.
Here comes Misha, without a word,

He raked a heavy boulder in his paws,
He squatted down on his haunches and didn't take a breath,
He's thinking to himself: "Shut up, I'm going to get you!"
And, with a fly on his friend's forehead,
and with all his might, he smacks his friend in the forehead with a stone!
The blow was so clever that the skull split apart,
And Misha's friend lay there for a long time!

abolk:

Alexey, with your "shuffling" of posts from one thread to another -- don't create a precedent -- when under the hurrah-voices "explanation to newbies" with a clever appearance is thrown in the masses an outright nonsense.

My post -- was a constructive deciphering of the incorrectness in the video explanation -- you moved it to some lefty "out of sight" thread.

You're experienced -- read what low-grade crap is being thrown in the ears of newbies:

--- https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/23583#comment_866347 What indicators there are. Filter Indicator

--- https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/23583#comment_867056 Indicator Entry Signals

What is this under-explanation?

And then you have to clean up all these vague words in your conversations with beginners and in your technical tasks. They will refer to this branch, and the author of this branch is a moderator himself, like an authority.

By the way, anyone can post their response in pictures. The format is set. Or you will only criticize?

Here, poetry is right. Only :

• in a separate thread,
  • with pictures of Metatrader 5,
  • exposing the most common mistakes traders make when using MT5,
  • and with conclusions on how to actually do it (according to documentation that traders don't read, etc.).

Then it will be a good thing, and it will really be another cool branch.