I am in favour of not passing off converted indicators as my own - page 8

jyiv:

As they say all new is long forgotten old. I have not seen good indicators for a long time, almost all indicators are being redesigned, for example I can find more than 100 varieties of RSI on the Internet, although it is the same RSI, just arrows, lines, etc. This applies not only to the RSI but also to most basic indicators, if not all.

I want to see new calculating indicators in MT5 and MT4, I mean, has anyone seen such indicators?

I am more than sure that there are no such indicators.

And I want to tell the developers, stop stealing others' ideas and start writing your own indicators ... I would like to say to the developers: do not rework the old ones. And most traders would agree with me.

... I've been reading... I have two questions:

1. Why do you need new indicators if you don't know how to use old ones?

2. You have new ideas, but you cannot implement them because you simply do not know how to program, and you do not want to give them into the hands of an expert, because someone may not pass them off as your own ideas?

Hi. Is there any way to prohibit copying of indicators (or rather their files) from MT4 terminal? For example, there is a folder with installed MT4 that contains .ex4 files of indicators. The terminal works, as well as the indicators, but they cannot be copied from the c MT4 folder. Is it possible or not?

Akromix:
Hi. Is there any way to prohibit copying of indicators (or rather their files) from MT4 terminal? For example, I have a folder with installed MT4 that contains .ex4 files of indicators. The terminal works, as well as the indicators, but they cannot be copied from the c MT4 folder. Is it possible or not?
Password for the folder. Access to the folder.

zfs:
Password for the folder. Access the folder.
or keep everything on a USB stick in your pocket

As I see the topic has already been discussed, not only are other people's ideas being sold, but the interface remains the same. As two simple examples Energy Trade from the touted Mechanic is nothing but Currency Power Meter, and the latest Currency Trend Meter looks like a cash spitting sensor, and both claim that it is not the same algorithm, which seems untrue to me, but they would change something for the sake of decency...

All algorithms undergo changes/modifications. This is inevitable. In this case, authorship must be maintained and supplemented.

Watch the standard indicators - but think outside the manual

Ivan Morhun #:

I mean that I will find something basic in your indicator as it is based on something. I don't mean disrespectful criticism. I tried to write an indicator and I will *** on it. No, you won't. I understand that even a redesigned indicator is a big job.

But the fate of the lack of new indicators shows that we want to have an indicator that will warn about divergence, not predict it.

That's what i thought too.
Surprisingly no body reply you.
I'm currently looking for that, or to write that indicator.
It'd be nice if you would share it....^_^

Nikolay Kositsin #:
What makes you think that creative plagiarism is stealing? It is simply another interpretation of well-known ideas for public consumption. There are running processes in the public consciousness that are used by a huge number of people. Don't you like the various variations of these processes? Create your own others. Publish them on the forum and discuss their promotion. That's what this forum is for!
Thank you!