Bitcoin and everything associated with it. The home of cryptomaniacs and their adversaries. - page 3

TheXpert:
I'm still waiting for the right conclusion from you. What follows from the fact that cryptocurrencies are mostly distributed in the IT environment?
I already said that. Nothing follows. It's just that fishermen pay with fish, philatelists pay with Black Penny, and IT people pay with bitcoins. But that doesn't make IT people advanced and forward-thinking economists and their bitcoins money, as it seems to them.

Mischek:

Money has many purposes (old style properties)

OK, which ones don't bitcoin fit?

Wrong again.

Well, at least give me an argument.

TheXpert:
I'm still waiting for you to come up with the right conclusion. What follows from the fact that cryptocurrencies are distributed mostly in IT environment?

This means that there is a means of payment that can be regulated in a particular sphere.

It is no secret that currency has long regulated the exchange of goods, but the cyber-revolution has changed this by starting to sell electronic goods for real currency.

Everything would be fine, if the creation of electronic goods would require the same amount of power/energy as for usual goods, it would be predictable, and the money could be printed beforehand, for the market to be stable.

But the problem with electronic goods is that they are not produced, they are copied, exaggeratedly speaking, at the time of demand.

Well, to take the destabilising factor out of the real sector, e-currencies are fine, they can be regulated separately without mixing markets.

Mischek:

There is only one way to make a bitcoin into money, officially switch to it on a national scale ...

Exactly. The ruble is still money only because the demand for it is artificially created by the state. The whole ruble issue is paid back to the state through taxes, and then it goes around in a circle. If the state stops taking taxes in roubles, then the rouble will simply disappear. For the bitcoin, there must be a player who will artificially maintain the demand for it. Is there such a player?

Urain:

But I will invest in it on one condition, if the IMF controls it.

By the way, the IMF could be such a player.

TheXpert:
So you really think that the market price cannot be controlled?
Exactly, well maybe not directly, but veiled through some mechanisms, and not on the quotation itself, but on the pressure to one side or the other.

Lizar:

Exactly. The ruble is still money only because the demand for it is artificially created by the state. The whole issue of the rouble is returned to the state through taxes and then in a circle. If the state stops taking taxes in roubles, then the rouble will simply disappear. For the bitcoin, there must be a player who will artificially maintain the demand for it. Is there such a player?

By the way, the IMF could become such a player.

It may well be that the creators of bitcoin just made it and launched it into life, there is a chance that the big uncles will pay attention to it, but it may not happen. There is no data for one outcome or the other (or I don't know it).

SZZ exactly because the outcome is still unlikely, I'm not joining in, but I'm not discouraging Andrei either.

TheXpert:

OK, which bitcoin doesn't fit?

So you're already admitting,"It's a medium, nothing more. Money is a medium of exchange. "Convenient. Everything, full stop." Not everything.

TheXpert:

At least give me a reasoning.

No, it's not even till morning.)

Urain:

ZS precisely because the outcomes are so far equally likely,

Yeah, like a dinosaur on the street, 50/50, either you meet one or you don't)

Lizar:

For the bitcoin, there must be a player who will artificially maintain the demand for it. Is there such a player?

Yeah, an I.T. guy and a half.)