Market patterns - page 8

pantural:

But on the market niche, this is not the case if you take as axiomatic the qualified opinion of a learned acquaintance of mine,

Can I read your acquaintance's dissertation?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Traders Guide: Orders, Prices, Deposits, Funds, Currencies

hrenfx, 2013.06.04 22:30

Quants.

Quants are usually educated people with an analytical mindset. Unfortunately, it happens in life that a good education, mastery of the exact sciences, etc., is not sufficient for success. The more effort you put into studying something, the more importance is usually attached to it. There are a huge number of mediocre individuals among scientists who do quite well in the career traits of their profession. These include publishing in journals, attending summits, giving lectures etc. One of the near-scientific themes is a comprehensive study of near-trade activities. Everything is done the way it has been taught. That is to say, the mathematical apparatus is used spontaneously, associations with physics are made, various market models are created, etc. Such scientists are called quants. A huge proportion of them are careerists. But there are exceptions, as in any business.

tol64:
Can I read your acquaintance's dissertation?

I will ask him when I meet him where this work is. He is old-school (63 years old) and, like many scientists, a bit "crazy", denies mobile phones, does not hang out in social networks, does not take bribes from students as a matter of principle, etc. In short he is a la Perelman.

hrenfx:

I have read about quanta, you may be right in part, but I would not generalize about everyone. At least I understand a lot of points that I wanted to ask here and did not even know what question to ask, after all, live communication is much more effective. Especially when the interlocutor is "clean in spirit" and more inclined to reveal the topic than hide the interesting places.

There are of course the monsters of this business like Renaissance Technologies, but they analyze information more reliable and timely than the rest of the crowd. The only difference is this. And the quantum crowd is so big and with degrees, perhaps for a cover-up.

pantural:

It turns out non-institutes are only allowed to have a near-market income.

Wrong opinion.

The maths is boring. In general, there is a lot of theoretical codswallop from everywhere - that you cannot make money and so on.

About insiders - these are definitely the biggest participants in the market (objectively, they have the best analysts, the best connections in personal circles with people who influence the world of finance).

These participants also work in the market, where ordinary traders do (we are talking about the real access to the interbank).

Now the main question, how developed is the area related to the comprehensive analysis of the Level 2 on the Spot market!

Search the Internet for material on the Level 2 (Spot-as for currencies), concerning spectral analysis, stochastic and deterministic chaos, neural networks.

How much can you dig up, apart from the standard topics?

Do you know why there is so little information? The answer is actually on the surface! Few people deal with it.

The speculation that traders have nothing to catch is false.

By the way, hrenfx here develops topics that he says may help to have an advantage. In fact they are of secondary importance. If one understands exactly where the market is going, one can take any position in terms of volume, without haste and at prices of interest.

Алгоритмическая торговля — Википедия
Алгоритмическая торговля — Википедия
  • ru.wikipedia.org
Алгоритмическая торговля или Алгоритмический трейдинг (англ.  ) — формализованный процесс совершения торговых операций на финансовых рынках по заданному алгоритму с использованием специализированных компьютерных систем (торговых роботов). Алгоритмическая торговля широко применяется как институциональными инвесторами, для эффективного...

TheXpert:
Yes, a great illusion of a great illusion.
5+ :)

pantural:

Anyway, I get it! It's a great illusion!

Yesterday I had a discussion with a professor of mathematics, who was defending his thesis on a very non-trivial infinite dimensional functional analysis, although I have technical degree, but I did not understand what his thesis was about even when trying to explain it "on fingers", or rather on fingers it is inexplicable, just like it is impossible to imagine that in >3d dimensions for example you cannot tie a knot. Very tough dude.

Well, he proved to me on different examples that the surcharge on the effective component, which sort of sometimes appears in all sorts of algorithms searching for non-random connections, exists only in hindsight, but in reality is entirely eaten up by insiders, that is those who have more (qualitative) information compared with the crowd. That leaves only the SB. Most of the obvious and unobvious correlations are already taken into account in spreads and commissions at the inter-bank level, and the brokers, those of them who output to the inter-bank, exaggerate this accounting by 2-5 times. And there is a majority who don't know this and a minority who do.

So, another impulse of my interest in getting rich quick has crashed on the granite of science.

Don't go to extremes... It's not that complicated, but it's not that easy either - it's like picking mushrooms (those who can't or have no experience find it incredibly difficult, those who can and have experience do it successfully and without getting bogged down in the high stuff).

pantural:

I will ask him when I meet him where this work is. He is old-school (63 years old) and, like many scientists, a bit "crazy", denies mobile phones, does not hang out in social networks, does not take bribes from students as a matter of principle, etc. In short, he is a la Perelman.

If it's not too much trouble, ask him what the law of supply and demand looks like in general and in relation to the Security Service in particular.

ProstoTak:

Wrong opinion.

The maths is boring. In general, there is a lot of theoretical codswallop from everywhere - that you can't make money, etc.

About insiders - these are clearly the largest participants in the market (objectively they have the best analysts, the best connections in personal circles of people influencing world finance).

These participants also work in the market, where ordinary traders do (we are talking about the real access to the interbank).

Now the main question, how developed is the area related to the comprehensive analysis of the Level 2 on the Spot market!

Search the Internet for material on the Level 2 (Spot-as for currencies), concerning spectral analysis, stochastic and deterministic chaos, neural networks.

How much can you dig up, apart from the standard topics?

Do you know why there is so little information? The answer is actually on the surface! Few people deal with it.

The speculation that traders have nothing to catch is false.

By the way, hrenfx here develops topics that he says may help to have an advantage. In fact they are of secondary importance. If one understands exactly where the market is going, one can take any position in terms of volume, without haste and at prices of interest.

SWA:
No need to rush to extremes... It's not that complicated, but not that simple - it's like picking mushrooms (those who can't or don't have experience - it's incredibly difficult, those who can and have experience, do it successfully and without getting bogged down in high matter).

I have stated the thesis of the last days. No more, I am not clinging to them, but it seemed very logical.

Silent:

If you don't mind, ask him what the law of supply and demand in general looks like from his bell tower, and in particular in relation to the SB.

Ok. Order taken.

Although I myself am not quite sure what to ask? SB is random rambling, an integral of Gaussian noise to a particular point, supply and demand generates random imbalances that move the price and smooth out shifts from fundamental events, through anticipatory forecasting etc.

That's pretty much what the discussion was about, Markovian processes, hindsight reflexivity etc. In his opinion it's all good if you know about it before everyone else, and what is available to the crowd is already completely stylized.

pantural:

OK. Order taken.

I'm not quite sure what to ask myself though? SB is random walk, integral of Gaussian noise to a particular point, supply and demand generates random imbalances that drive price and smooth out shifts from fundamental events, through anticipatory forecasting etc.

That's pretty much what the discussion was about, Markovian processes, hindsight reflexivity etc. In his opinion it's all good if you know about it before everyone else, and what's available to the crowd is already completely stylized.

Is it SB?

Recent history, for example, 2008-2009.

pantural:

... and what's available to the crowd is already completely styrilic...

In my opinion (personal opinion), this is one of several key, I would even say "fundamental" errors in the approach to understanding the market. And in general, the issues you voiced at the beginning of the topic, the desire to formalize and systematize, are close to me and understandable. I think in the near future to post a topic like "My approach to TS creation" (something like that). (something like that), maybe it will be interesting for you, maybe you will even see the answers to some of your questions ..., as they say, welcome:). Literally in the near future, just a little lightening in the general family psychosis called "Applicant 2013", OK?