MQL: security vs opportunities - page 9

joo:
How?
Look in the direction of hardlinks. It's easy to do in Windows.

joo:
How?

write on the command line: subst /?

It'll tell you how to do it.

Renat:
Look at hardlinks. This is simply done in Windows.

I mean, again such a solution would be banned in the marketplace.

So how is it better than a Dll ?

You can do anything for yourself personally, you are right about that, you have given opportunities.

The question is that the solution should be available to the buyers of the market.

I understand that a product with such a solution would be allowed on the market. Renat, no?

leonid100:

write on the command line: subst /?

It'll tell you everything.

Looked through the help. Still doesn't work-syntax error or something.

Please show me an example of a complete command on the command line to connect a folder to a drive (or vice versa?).

joo:
I understand that a product with such a solution would be allowed on the market. Renat, no?

Please let Renat do the bitmap test in peace.

You'd better go to googlopedia and see how it works.

joo:

Looked at the help. Still doesn't work-syntax error or something.

Please show me an example of a complete command on the command line to connect a folder to a drive (or vice versa?).

Sorry, I got it mixed up. It's really the other way round the virtual drive is mapped to the specified path.

joo:
What's the market got to do with it when it's a normal file handling operation?

Renat:
What has the market got to do with it, when it comes to ordinary work with files?

Otherwise, there would be no questions about the two-way exchange of information (for yourself, you can do whatever you want and what you can imagine).

Yes, working with files on HDD is a simple solution and will work in most cases when working in real time. but not when speed is important - optimization and testing. so the way of working with op-memory as a subfolder in \MQL5\Files\ seems the most rational.

If we bind any folder as a ramdrive (even in MT5\MQL5\Files\RAMDRIVE), then in order to access a file in it, you should

to point to the disk...

FileOpen("R:\\data.txt",FILE_READ|FILE_CSV|FILE_ANSI,';');

this should not be allowed.

"For security reasons, the work with files in MQL5 is strictly controlled. Files, with which file operations are performed using the MQL5 language, can't be outside the file "sandbox"."