Experiments with MetaTrader 5 at Discovery - page 53

Karputov Vladimir:

What is RI? Science knows only the RTS futures:

Data should only be taken from real servers, as a demo server is a very approximate emulation.

RIM6 is the June RTS futures.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

This can't be the case. Where is the guarantee that screenshots are taken at the same time and the platforms have zero delay in displaying the tumblr?

s.s. When analysing high frequency data in the outputs you need to be very careful. A 1ms delay, can drastically skew the results.

There is only one screenshot. Put the glasses next to each other and click)) VolFix and Direct update with a couple of milliseconds difference, the data is 100% the same. MT5 data is remotely the same in price, in volume - two different planets))

I'm not drawing conclusions - I just want to understand what is the reason for such a difference in data...

AlexHalif:
RIM6 is the June RTS futures.

Are you making up these names yourself?

There is an exchange, and it names only this: RTS-6.16

AlexHalif:

There's only one screenshot. Put the glasses next to each other and click)) VolFix and Direct update with a couple of milliseconds difference, the data matches 100%. MT5 data is remotely the same in price, in volume - two different planets))

I am not drawing any conclusions, I just want to understand the reason of the difference in the data...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

My experiences with MetaTrader5 in "Otkritie".

Karputov Vladimir, 2016.04.15 10:27

You should only take data from real servers, as demo server is a very approximate emulation.

Karputov Vladimir:

Screenshots of MetaTrader trading platform

RTSRIM6, M5, 2016.04.15

Just2Trade Online Ltd, MetaTrader 5, Demo

RTSRIM6, M5, 2016.04.15, Just2Trade Online Ltd, MetaTrader 5, Demo

Some brokers have this.

By the way, even though it's a demo, but their quotes are from the real! RTSRIM6 and RTS-6.16 rates coincide in a moment.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
By the way, even though it's a demo, their quotes are from the real world!
The demo circuit has nothing to do with real.

Karputov Vladimir:
The demo circuit has nothing to do with the real thing at all.

We can argue long and hard now, but you are better off seeing it once.

About the demo circuit, believe me, I know. It is a demo account which you CANNOT trade, but with real quotes.

Karputov Vladimir:

Well, you gave a link, so read it):Full contract codeRTS-6.16Short codeRIM6

Alexey Kozitsyn:

We can argue long and hard now, but you are better off seeing it once.

About the demo circuit, believe me, I know. It is a demo account which you CANNOT trade, but with real quotes.

Are the studs and price spikes on the demo circuit real quotes too? Or just to blurt something out?