Discussion of high-frequency trading on MT5 - page 49

hrenfx:

I'd also like to see some kind of CPU load indicator to avoid situation when terminal seems to be working very fast, but actually slows down terribly (especially in light of innovations in point 2).

I suspect that synchronous sending out orders doesn't consume CPU at all. The lag is usually caused by indicators and EAs.

TheXpert:
I suspect that synchronous sending of the order practically does not consume the cpu. Indicators and Expert Advisors are usually lagging.

I was very puzzled by the unsynchronisation myself. Two terminals were run on a slow VPS with a minimum number of bars, no indicators, etc. With the simplest, from a computational point of view, looped EAs - one per terminal. This is not the first year of writing in MQL4, so I have excluded all possible reasons for slowness on my part.

I found out the problem when comparing logs of terminals launched on different VPS. It turned out that the slow one was sending one and the same logical order a minute later (both VPSes are time-synchronized). However, the terminal itself worked identically in real time. It's hard to say where the problem is. But when I disabled one of the terminals on slow terminal the lag of a minute disappeared.

It's strange, that VPS shows 99% of CPU load (task manager). However, everything flies on it - great responsiveness to any user's actions. Apparently, there are some peculiarities of VPS technology which the terminal itself has encountered.

Документация по MQL5: Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / Bars
Документация по MQL5: Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / Bars
  • www.mql5.com
Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / Bars - Документация по MQL5

Trading doesn't even eat up a fraction of a percent of resources, but a VPS is a total pain in the ass. Especially in a normal overselling situation, where the slowdowns can be fabulous in a lot of different places. You can easily get bogged down for a couple of tens of seconds when reading a miserable chunk from a file. And the interface may be alive at that time, just some threads in the brakes.

Sitting on a "retarded" VPS would be embarrassed to say the word terminal.

If it's also in the HFT, it's ridiculous.

Renat:

Sitting on a "retarded" VPS would be embarrassed to say the word terminal.

If it's also within HFT, it's ridiculous.

I have a lot of VPS and DDS, paid for many months in advance for different tasks. I'm embarrassed.

There is the opposite situation. I have several terminals running on DDS. All terminals are performing simple calculations, they are not burdened with history. Generally speaking, it is only trading. No DLL, just naked MQL4. Trade orders are flying. However, terminals (GUI) is terribly slow - opening of the terminal window takes seconds. As soon as it opens it works fast. Switch to another terminal - again seconds. However, other third-party applications work fast and switch without any problems. The more terminals you run, the more slowness between their switches.

HFT on MT4 is utopia, I have said so many times.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций - Документация по MQL5

I hope you are sincerely mistaken.

Use your head when using VPS. Run 25 Windows operating systems on one computer, give them to 25 traders and let them run 25 terminals inside 25 operating systems and then come out on the forum, raise your hands and ask "what's wrong"?

To complete the picture, claim that the terminal is slowing down. That is exactly the role you played.

At best, a naive storyteller with no technical knowledge. At worst, a blackguard, for which he has been banned many times.

I personally in the VPS disappointed completely, at the beginning I thought panacea and turned out not quite, even in manual trading slow down and many services, seven services have tried and abandoned the VPS completely trade as before (it seems that the time has not come yet VPS services)

server:
I personally became totally frustrated with VPS...
What was the problem with VPS servers? I run a multicurrency (MT5) with 10 loaded indicators on a 500mg VPS myself, trades pretty well.

sion:
What was the problem on the VPS servers? I myself, running a multicurrency(MT5) with 10 indicators loaded, on a 500 mhz VPS, trades quite tolerably.

No specifics. We are talking about HFT or something similar.

Specify approximate trading parameters. On hours or on ticks - there is a huge difference.

sion: 

on a 500 mhz VPS,

I may be wrong about the frequency, I looked it up, but it didn't seem to be specifically stated (see below).

The deals I looked at visually, somewhere within a second. Something really isn't right here)