Questions on mt5 functionality - page 5

sergeev:
"it" through the CopeBuffer, for example
What is "CopeBuffer"? I don't get anything from help or a site search. Also, I don't need to copy the buffer, I just need to ask.

nasdaq:
What is "CopeBuffer"? I don't get anything from help or a site search. Also, I don't need to copy the buffer, I just need to ask.
There's a typo there.CopyBuffer>> https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/series/copybuffer
Документация по MQL5: Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / CopyBuffer
Документация по MQL5: Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / CopyBuffer
  • www.mql5.com
Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / CopyBuffer - Документация по MQL5

nasdaq: I press "Var" nothing happens and "f" moves to the text (code) of some function or variable...

These buttons must be important, but their meaning is still unclear to me.

Never mind :) The picture shows a list of functions contained in the code, with their parameters. When you have a big amount of functions, it's sometimes convenient not to scroll through the code, but to jump directly to the necessary function. This is what you have done.

Yedelkin:
Don't worry about it :) The picture shows a list of functions contained in the code and their parameters. When you have a lot of functions, it may be convenient not to scroll through the code but shift to the necessary function at once. That's what you have done.

They promised that there would be no problems for those who write "the old-fashioned way". I have the impression (possibly erroneous) that MQL5 was written by programmers for programmers. What can I do, the guys have tried, let's try to work it out :)

nasdaq:

They promised that there would be no problems for those who write "the old-fashioned way". I have the impression (possibly erroneous) that MQL5 programmers have written for programmers. But never mind, the guys have tried, let's look into it :)

Actually, after one day of work in MetaEditor 5 I'm already scared to go back to MetaEditor 4.

It's really heaven and earth in terms of convenience.

Renat:

Actually, after a day in MetaEditor 5, it's already scary to go back to MetaEditor 4.

It's really heaven and earth in terms of convenience.

You speak as a programmer. It is inconvenient for me when "Time" function in MQL4 is not defined in the editor, I press "F1" - MQL5 Reference. Maybe, I want to do the impossible, but if you would "tweak"MQL5' s "helper", it would be written similar toMQL4.

nasdaq: They promised that there would be no problems for those who write "the old-fashioned way". I have the impression (possibly erroneous) that MQL5 was written by programmers for programmers. What can you do? The guys have tried to do everything and we will figure it out :)
I think you will get used to it in no time. Of course, the new language has new functions, new approaches to programming usual things, etc. At the initial stage, the section in the Handbook about language transition will help. There are also topics like "Help to switch to mql5" on the forum. Probably, the relevant articles have been written, but I personally have not followed it. Let's go! :)

Dear developers, can you give us an approximate date when options will appear in MT5 and when it will be connected to the stock section of the MICEX?

Renat:

Actually, after a day in MetaEditor 5, it's already scary to go back to MetaEditor 4.

Oh, you've got to be kidding me.

TheXpert:
Oh, you've got to be kidding me.

Not at all.

In terms of functionality and convenience the fifth unit is a head above the fourth. MQL5 Storage and Intelligence alone are worth a lot, not to mention the debugger and profiler.