How do you decide on a trend? - page 2

lordlev:
in theory. That's what the DCs teach us. In practice, such traders do not live long. Because, as I wrote, there is no flat in the market. Traders invent a flat and think that based on this idea they can make some money. And the result is failure. We should build a strategy based on the real situation. TS asked me how to make up his mind to separate the flat from the trend, so I wrote him a classic.
And you, my colleague, have you made a lot of money to make such serious conclusions?

St.Vitaliy:
How much money have you made, colleague, to throw around such serious conclusions?
on the forex market? Yeah, I dabbled in manual trading a few years ago. I made about 30 grand off a fiver on intuition. Then I got into robotics, realizing I couldn't handle the stress. I spent several years searching for the truth in the RC's noodles. Then I had an epiphany and now I'm waiting for the money from my brainchild, which I believe is based on the real market model, and not on those fantasies that saturate the whole Internet and the minds of billions army of traders who feed the golden percentage of traders with epiphanies.

lordlev:
on forex, huh? Yeah, I dabbled in manual trading a few years ago. Got thirty grand off a fiver on a hunch. Then I got into robotics, realizing I couldn't handle the stress. I spent several years searching for the truth in the RC's noodles. Then I had an epiphany and now I am waiting for the money from my brainchild, which I believe is based on the real market model, and not on those fantasies, with which the whole Internet and the minds of billion army of traders feed the percentage of traders with epiphany.
That is, while there is certainty of an epiphany, but there is no material confirmation (maybe it is not an epiphany?). Profits indicated are hopefully in dollars. All in all, doctrine is light, go for it....

St.Vitaliy:
That is to say, so far there is certainty of an epiphany but no material confirmation (maybe it is not an epiphany?). The profit indicated is hopefully in dollars. All in all, the teachings are light, go for it....
when i get rich and become an old prdnm )) i will surely tell everyone about the market model. let a billionaire change the rules of the game )

St.Vitaliy:
That is to say, so far there is certainty of an epiphany but no material confirmation (maybe it is not an epiphany?). The profit indicated is hopefully in dollars. All in all, the teachings are light, go for it...
Try the demo version of his program on the entire history, especially on the entire history, because the financial performance is not very impressive, but the stability of the ALL history is amazing.

lordlev:
on forex, huh? Yeah, I dabbled in manual trading a year ago. I made about 30 grand off a fiver on a hunch. Then I got into robotics, realizing I couldn't handle the stress. I spent several years searching for the truth in the RC's noodles. Then I had an epiphany and now I'm waiting for the money from my brainchild, which I believe is based on the real market model, and not on those fantasies that saturate the whole Internet and the minds of billions army of traders who feed the golden percentage of traders with epiphanies.

We have already heard about your Grail. That you're not willing to share the full algorithm with your colleagues is reasonable. But I'm sure you won't get any better if you tell us your way of determining the trend)). Or at least don't waste your time with negative statements, if you're not planning to replace them with your theses. If you don't care what your colleagues think about you, you may swear.

In my opinion, the noodles by the very fact that they have been distributed to the masses are NOT noodles, but instructionsIf we try to analyze it from the opponent's point of view (brokerage companies, market makers, etc.) then we can guess how they will act in response, to shear sheep for stoploops and to call Kolyan, so we should know and respect RC's noodles and classical technical analysis.

And in general, apart from tester charts you have no proof so far in order to rank yourself among the "insipid". So stop beating your chest, this is not the kind of community that can make you popular in a positive sense.

EvMir:

We have already heard about your Grail. That you're not willing to share the full algorithm with your colleagues is reasonable. But I'm sure you won't get less interested if you tell us your way of determining the trend)). Or at least don't waste your time with negative statements, if you're not planning to replace them with your theses. If you don't care what your colleagues think about you, you may swear.

In my opinion, the noodles by the very fact that they have been distributed to the masses are NOT noodles, but instructionsIf we try to analyze it from the opponent's point of view (brokerage companies, market makers, etc.) then we can guess how they will act in response, to shear sheep for stoploops and to call Kolyan, so we should know and respect RC's noodles and classical technical analysis.

And in general, apart from tester charts you have no proof so far in order to rank yourself among the "insipid". So stop beating your chest, this is not the community where it can make you popular in a positive sense.

You mean learn the direction of the trend? Because there is always a trend and you do not need to determine its existence. If I tell you, it would be revealing an algorithm and therefore unreasonable. Well, what about the beating in the chest? So it is emotions and joy that, firstly, everything is simple, the market has turned out to be simple and obvious. And secondly anger - how could it not be seen before? And all this is due to the imposed limited field of view. All this propaganda of "people's analysis" serves only one purpose - to blur the view. Forget everything you knew. Try to understand for yourselves what is going on.

lordlev:
Do you mean to find out the direction of the trend? Because there is always a trend and it is not necessary to determine its existence. If I tell you, it would be revealing of the algorithm and therefore unreasonable. Well, what about the beating in the chest? So it is emotions and joy that, firstly, everything is simple, the market has turned out to be simple and obvious. And secondly anger - how could it not be seen before? And all this is due to the imposed limited field of view. All this propaganda of "people's analysis" serves only one purpose - to blur the view. Forget everything you knew. Try to understand for yourselves what is going on.

The fact that there is a trend at some scale (timeframe) is indisputable and its direction can also be found elementary, i.e. by time filtering with a period longer than the noise corridor and the difference of neighboring values.The whole point is that the instantaneous trend itself cannot be considered an analogue of speed in physics. Extrapolation based only on the trend, in my opinion, is no different from classical technical analysis, which, as I understand it, you are denying. And if so, why should I hide the algorithm used to calculate the trend direction when it is clear from the formulation of the problem. The main idea is not that it exists, but that it may change, and the exact place where it may happen is determined by technical analysis, because the crowd usually acts exactly as it is written, and makers may only shoot at a spike on the reversal to hit stops and test the market, but anyway the market will basically follow the laws of technical analysis.

The problem is that these "laws" are not like the natural sciences, they are like alchemy, and every alchemist "cooks" his own philosopher's stone.

EvMir:

The fact that there is a trend at some scale (timeframe) is indisputable and its direction can also be found elementary, i.e. by time filtering with a period longer than the noise corridor and the difference of neighboring values.The whole point is that the instantaneous trend itself cannot be considered an analogue of speed in physics. Extrapolation based only on the trend, in my opinion, is no different from classical technical analysis, which, as I understand it, you are denying. And if so, why should I hide the algorithm used to calculate the trend direction when it is clear from the formulation of the problem. The main idea is not that it exists, but that it may change, and the exact place where it may happen is determined by technical analysis, because the crowd usually acts exactly as it is written, and makers may only shoot at a spike on the reversal to hit stops and test the market, but anyway the market will basically follow the laws of technical analysis.

The problem is that these "laws" are not like those of natural sciences, but rather like alchemy, and each alchemist "cooks" his own philosopher's stone.

Remember the very famous alligator strategy? The same goes for all the other classic methods. It's the same with all the other classic methods. You can adjust parameters to the market segment and you will make profit. But then they will fail. It is easy to determine the trend direction by eye. But it is impossible to determine the point of the trend according to the classics. Will there be a correction now? Will there be a continuation of the trend? Everyone gets stuck at this point. If it's that simple, but there is nothing irrelevant in technical analysis, right? Why are there so few people who earn? I see only one reason. Any technical analysis is tantamount to flipping a coin.

EvMir or for example everyone keeps telling me to trade from levels. Support is resistance is overbought and oversold. Can anybody explain what is overbought in Forex? Is it a situation when traders' funds limit for buying currencies has been exhausted? Or what? Can it be determined by a magic oscillator formula? What makes you think that the magical manipulation of bars can tell about anything? It's obvious it's a load of baloney. All on the word of honour. None of the oscillator developers can prove the relationship. He can only point out that for example in the year 14 you see my oscillator at a 30% profit. So what? It's just a coincidence. And there's a lot of lies like that in the market. A lot of formulas that draw some kind of beautiful sinusoidal pattern. And then they sit there and try to suck the correlation out of their mouths. It really is all alchemy. alchemy is the way to ruin. only real, only hardcore)