Invalid request - just started and can't figure it out... - page 3

mrProF: So far I see your point of view as "I don't use the standard library, I'm not comfortable, but I don't know why".
I think I'll refrain from further debate, without any message from you on the substance of the discussion.
The reply was given to a different discussion participant to a different retort. So your comment is quite appropriate :)

Yedelkin:
I've clearly marked the word "MESI". If you want to use another's developments with redundant efforts, it is not the reason to tell the newcomers that"sending queries with filling structures, it is a perversion with a lot of pitfalls".
Someone else's designs? Oh.
No, that's out of line. It turns out you have there. your own terminal and you yourself wrote it, not to use "other people's developments"?

I will tell you a terrible secret, the Standard Library is written by MetaQuotes, its codes are open and it is written competently.

You write C/C++ for Windows also in pure WinApi (only hardcore?), and those who use MFC, for example, you consider heretics and call MFC alien development? It's so funny.

P.S. Damn it, I've forbidden not to respond to water.
I will not respond to messages that are not burdened with meaning.

Торговая платформа MetaTrader 5 для организации брокерского обслуживания / MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.metaquotes.net
Торговая платформа MetaTrader 5 предназначена для проведения торговых операций на различных финансовый рынках. Терминал обладает большой базой аналитических возможностей и поддерживает более 70 различных инструментов для выполнения технического анализа

mrProF: With someone else's developments? o_o
No, this is out of the question. It turns out that you have there. your own terminal and you yourself wrote it, not to use "other people's developments"?

Let me tell you a terrible secret, the Standard Library is written by MetaQuotes, its codes are open and it is written competently.

You will laugh a lot about yourself, and when the next time you start to bullshit the newbies, so write in plain text (like, as a note): "I do not consider the Standard Library an alien development and, based on this understanding of the Standard Library, I believe that it is written competently, as it is written by developers and its code is open".

And nobody will say a word of objection to you, taking into account the mentioned reservations.

mrProF : P.S. Damn it, I've forbidden not to answer the water.
I can see that. You must still have difficulties, where is the "water" and where is the "non-water"; where is someone else's development and where is your own :)

mrProF:

P.S. I've sworn off answering the water.

Please explain to a "newbie" what the difference is

void f52( const int a )

void f52( int a )
What is the meaning of the 1st expression?

A100:

Please explain to a newcomer what the difference is

what is the meaning of the 1st expression?
const(constant, constant) prevents you from changing the contents of "a"
As far as I remember it may also be needed when importing functions from dll.

mrProF:
The catch is that in both functions the parameter is passed by value, which makes one of the options meaningless. Which one -- depends on the views.

TheXpert:
The catch is that in both functions the parameter is passed by value, which makes one of the options meaningless. Which one -- depends on the view.

Is it not possible to override the value in the function? Which would cause confusion inside the function, especially if the arguments are given by the same letter, e.g. a,b,i.

I can't remember at a glance, and I'm on linux now, it's a long time to check))

mrProF:

Can't a value be overridden in a function? That would cause confusion within the function, especially if the arguments are given by the same letter, e.g. a,b,i.

I can't remember at a glance, and I'm on linux now, it takes a long time to check))

you can override it, but such an override will only work within a function
void f52( int a )       { a = 20; }
int a = 10;
f52( a );

// всё равно a=10

will only give an error if

void f52( const int a )       { a = 20; }

papaklass:

Maybe this will help you understand Yedelkin's position

build 722:

18. MQL5: Standard Library. Fixed CCanvas::FillRectangle method.

I also open positions with one line in my code, but unlike the Standard Library, with error checking!

I wasn't lazy, looked through all the changes and found 11 corrections in the article library. None of them are critical for trading operations.

Mostly fixes new exotic functions like drawing, interface building or constructor handling.

And the forum is flooded with questions about OrderSend, so the learning for beginners is not going from "simple to complex", but on the contrary, that discourages them and mql5, despite all its advantages, is sluggish and difficult to master.

A100:
override is possible, but such an override will only take effect within a function

But in C++ the compiler would give an error, and here it only gives an error if

Well, this is the behaviour chosen by the developers, it works "as stated", and the expediency is a matter of open discussion))