Algo-Sniffing - page 4

C-4:

You probably forgot to add the key word: "theoretically".

In a word: storyteller. The black window of death to you:

what are you guys talking about anyway? You're confused, I can't grasp the essence of your claims.

sergeev:
What are you talking about? I cannot grasp the essence of your claims.

I'm all about the same thing. In short: the conversation started with the fact that it would be cool to use exchange algorithms on MT5, to which I reasonably pointed out that MT5 is not an exchange terminal, and it cannot be used in exchange trading. Yes, there are theoretical possibilities of connecting MT5 to stock exchanges, such as RTS, but they will remain theoretical because of many fnudal problems.

Just ask yourself, can you now use MT5 to trade exchange-traded futures? Can you calculate and execute the optimal hedging profile of your investment portfolio with options on it? Can you at least just make stock investments? Can you arbitrage between the futures and stock market? Can you assemble a conservative portfolio of triple A bonds and look at their reliability/return profile? You can't. Then think about why you can't do all this? The next question you need to ask yourself and answer honestly is when will you be able to do all this via MT5? Do you have any idea what the functionality of the platform that would allow you to do all this must look like? Look at the exchange terminals and you will see that their logic of operation is very different from MT4 and MT5. It is different precisely because it was originally designed to solve all these problems.

The problem with MT5 is that it is developed by techies for techies: Cloud, 64 bit, Cloud computing and multi-core, OpenCL, iPhones, androids etc. - all this is really cool and useful, but how does it relate to financial activities? How will the platform appeal to brokers, institutional investors, financiers, just non-algotraders? What features of MT5 will really contribute to its users' earnings in the market? Why are there so few successful traders among MT4 users? Why is the forum of MT4 and moreover MT5 consists of 95% of technicians, engineers, programmers and there are almost no people, who are directly engaged in finance?

I see a real push for MT5 development in changing the orientation of the product to the financial sector and its technology, but now I see MT5 development in the field of IT but not in the field of finance.

sergeev:

what a strange man :) he thinks that metaquotes make up their own history.

Of course the MT server connects to the quotations of exchanges, banks and other datafeeds. And the MT server has no problem with that at all.

You are imagining all sorts of limitations.

Yes, they do.

1. the history of forex is not the same because there is no single centre... And you know very well that it is different. Each provider composes it (the story) itself with its own algorithms, filters, storage format .... Everyone knows this and there's nothing you can do about it.

What is more frightening is...

2. If MT servers will broadcast data to the client without distortion, then I agree all is well. But have you seen such a thing? At least once? I have not seen. On the contrary, it is well known that MT server has a bunch of filters that work alternately (and/or) all together 24/7 for the good of TC.

3. For non-believers. Put MT4 from Umis (MT5 has not seen anyone yet, although it is long licensed) they broadcast our exchanger. And place Quik (which only lazy person has not kicked). Even a child can see the distortions of quotes.

And the format of storing history in the form of minutes, is a compression of information with irreversible losses. I'm tired to tell you. Understand that loss of information is one of its distortions ...

Z.U. example - easy. i lost all your profitable trades with an easy move of my hand, and left the losing ones...what do you personally think, is this distortion or not ?

Renat:

Do not confuse, scalper delay was introduced on purpose. And you know it very well.

Look at asynchronous operations - https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/6516/page3#comment_189267

Here are my test results over the network from Limassol to Amsterdam, ping to MetaQuotes-Demo servers at 130ms.

Tests on MetaTrader 5 build 642:

You all know very well about history conversion as well. There is no problem with conversion, export to CSV - import from CSV in a couple of minutes.

No I don't know, I was in Banana and I haven't used MT since the Championship 2011. But i am still glad that something has changed.

And as for history, we have repeatedly talked about it. The fact that it is now possible to convert is good (you can`t get rid of it anyway. It's not up to you to convert the entire history of all exchanges into your format and store it + maintain it...).

C-4:

.... But right now I see the development of MT5 specifically in the field of IT but not finance.

There is also room for development in the IT field and for catching up.

The platform does not offer anything revolutionary for an exchange in the IT field . It does not have any gimmick, a highlight which will attract traders. You need a platform focused on traders, they create the demand. There will be no demand from them (traders), no broker will buy the platform (at least the one who knows how to count money).

IMHO at this stage there is a lot of software for stock trading that is better than MT5

Prival:

As for the history, we have already had more than one conversation on this subject. The fact that it became possible to convert, it's good (you can't get away from it anyway. It's not up to you to convert the entire history of all exchanges into your own format and store it + maintain it...).

From this point on, in more detail. How to download your history in MT5?

Prival:

No I don't know, I was in Banana and haven't used MT since the 2011 championships. But I'm still glad that at least something has moved on.

No problem, you can go back to the same place - there is nothing to discuss with you.

C-4:

You must have forgotten to add the key word: "theoretically".

In a word: storyteller. The black window of death to you:

Only "waiting for update" should be changed to "Enjoy the limitless possibilities of MetaTrader 5!"

Dear, look at the contract specs and the time relevant messages about the test run. We have no right to broadcast stock exchange quotes, that's the job of brokers.

The next time you try to make up a lead, you will go to ban. No one will listen to your inventions and categorical statements without a modicum of knowledge.

Prival:

There is also room for development in the IT field and for catching up.

The platform does not offer anything revolutionary for an exchange in the IT field . It does not have any gimmick, a highlight which will attract traders. You need a platform focused on traders, they create the demand. There will be no demand from them (traders), no broker will buy the platform (at least the one who knows how to count money).

IHMO at this stage for stock trading there is a lot of software that is better than MT5

This is where you are wrong. The trick is there - it's legendary fault tolerance, performance, low development cost and fast business process deployment speed. No other terminal can compete with MT5 in these areas.