Real work on MT5 NDD - page 14

Andrei01:
I don't think the banks have a problem with speed, but outsiders should have a problem, not to mention the fees, which apparently the banks don't have.

outsiders don't have a problem.

There are fees, of course there are.

sergeev:

outsiders have no problem.

Then the banks are fools if they allow outsiders to arbitrate.

Andrei01:
Then it appears that banks are fools if they allow outsiders to arbitrate.
Why "over themselves"?

sergeev:
Why "on yourself"?
Who else? We are talking about arbitrage between the banks and the big aggregators.

Dear developers, does MT5 have a filter for negative spreads (does not allow such quotes to pass) or not? In MT4, unfortunately, there is such a bad filter (should we remove it?).

hrenfx:
Dear developers, does the MT5 have a filter for negative spreads built in (does not allow such quotes to pass) or not?
no.

hrenfx:

When they say that a DC is not marketable it is almost a lie. Just because a brokerage house almost never takes positions does not mean that it is not engaged in non-market activity. It does not.

Not to withdraw and keep risks on your own, while still being market maker, or to withdraw - all this is the market. Both schemes are used by virtually all offices, from small retailers to large institutional ones.

A completely warped view of markets. Currency trading is fundamentally non-market. All of it. I underline, not marketable, that does not mean not legal. No, everything is legal, but you have to understand that the pricing conditions there are far from the notion of a fair, just and regulated market.

The pricing conditions at the DC are great! Market conditions become market conditions when you can choose. The choice is huge. You make a homebrew aggregator of a dozen brokerage firms and enjoy market conditions - when the brokerage firm's play against some client works to your advantage. The same happens on ECN/STP. The market is a choice. And you can create the market yourself.

What you are writing about is not a market, it is a bazaar. Let me explain. Honest - there are general rules that everyone abides by, and which everyone knows. Obviously, in homegrown aggregates, there are no common rules for all participants. Fair - at the very least pricing should go on the basis of auctions, based on open information, again, for all. An amateurish aggregate gives the illusion of fair choice, but only an illusion. Regulated means that there is a body that monitors the actions of participants, creates the conditions for trading and arbitrates incidents. A home-grown aggregate does not have this.

Basically, NASDAQ is probably the closest to homebrew aggregate in the way it works. That's in principle, but if you look at the details, there's nothing in common. In essence, nasdaq is a martketmaker unit, but there are a bunch of rules there that make it a real market, unlike the homebrew units.

And, once again. This is not to say that a homegrown aggregate is bad, a nightmare, etc. Nothing of the sort. You just have to keep in mind that it's not a market, in the modern sense. You like aggregates - godspeed.

Having regulators with centralisation and decentralisation with no regulation are sides of the same coin. There are pros and cons to each. I would say they are different market models. It is only a question of terminology. For some, the market is only one of the models, for others it is several.

And as for the general market rules, for me there should only be two - responsibility for one's own prices and equal treatment. That's where market pricing comes from. In my opinion, the FOREX satisfies these two rules no less than the stock exchanges.