Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1106

MrBrooklin:

1. What to do,

It is illegal to open someone else's code in order to edit it. If everything is as you described, then look into the possibility of disabling the stop loss in the robot and order a separate EA from Freelancer, which will only accompany the open position - putting a stop loss (if possible) or closing the position instead of the stop loss.

Forum on Trading, Automated Trading Systems and Strategy Tests

FAQ from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5

Aleksey Vyazmikin, 2019.07.28 13:45

It is illegal to tamper with someone else's code in order to edit it.

Hello Aleksey!

1. Please send me the link to the MQL5 rule that says "It is illegal to open someone else's code for editing".

It is not allowed to disable a Stop Loss in the robot's algorithm. Even if you set a Stop Loss of 0, the robot still sets it at a distance of 3 pips. It seems to be built into the source code.

Sincerely, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin:

1. Please throw me a link to the MQL5 rule that says "It is illegal to open someone else's code for editing".

Read the rules:

If it's not clear, we can put it in read mode until civilized rules become clear.

MrBrooklin:

Hello Alexey!

1. Please send me the link to the MQL5 rule which says that "It is illegal to open someone else's code for editing".

If you set a Stop Loss in the robot's algorithm, it will not be opened by the robot. Even if you set a Stop Loss of 0, the robot still sets it at a distance of 3 pips. This seems to be inherent in the source code.

Sincerely, Vladimir.

1. I don't have a link, but everyone here knows that.

In this case, set the maximal stop loss and order a freelancing Expert Advisor that will simply close the position instead of the stop.

Aleksey Vyazmikin, 2019.07.28 14:24

1. I don't have the link, but everyone here already knows that.

If you want to use the EA, you should put a maximal stop loss and order a freelancer which will simply close the position instead of the stop.

Thank you Alexey!

Since I seldom visit this forum, although I registered on MQL5 in 2016, I have some naive questions. I'm already studying the Terms of Use and Rules for the Market Service.

There is a problem with the algorithm of stop loss of this robot. I set both a minimum Stop Loss (1 pip) and maximum Stop Loss (1000 pips), the result is the same - with any trigger of a Buy or Sell order, the next tick causes instant movement of the Stop Loss to Ask or Bid and the deal is closed at a loss equal to the current Spread multiplied by the size of the set lot.

Regards, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin:

Thank you, Alexey!

Due to the fact that I rarely visit this forum, even though I registered on MQL5 in 2016, hence the naive questions. I'm already studying "Terms of Use" and "Market Service Terms of Use".

There is a problem with the algorithm of stop loss of this robot. I set both a minimum Stop Loss (1 pip) and maximum Stop Loss (1000 pips) but the result is the same - with any trigger of a Buy or Sell order, the next tick causes the Stop Loss to immediately move to Ask or Bid and the deal is closed with a loss equal to the current spread of a forex dealer.

Regards, Vladimir.

Who is the author of this Expert Advisor?

Vladimir Karputov, 2019.07.28 14:19

Read the rules:

If it's not clear, we can put it in read mode until civilised rules are clear.

Hello Vladimir!

Thanks for the link.

Regards, Vladimir.

Artyom Trishkin, 2019.07.28 15:06

Who is the author of the adviser?

Hello, Artyom!

I'm afraid of making a mistake in Russian translation, so I'll write as indicated in the author's profile @Andrey Palchevskyy

Sincerely, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin:

Hello, Artem!

I'm afraid of making a mistake in Russian translation, so I'll write as indicated in the author's profile @Andrey Palchevskyy

Sincerely, Vladimir.
His last activity was in the marketplace in July 2019. Write to him in the discussion about the product you purchased.

Artyom Trishkin, 2019.07.28 15:29

His last activity is in the marketplace in July 2019. Write to him in the discussion of the product you purchased.

Thank you very much, Artyom, for the tip!

Respectfully, Vladimir.