Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 760

Artyom Trishkin:

It is still worth considering how to redraw them when required. Or is it really necessary to redraw the chart every second?

Yes, it is necessary to redraw it every second, let's assume, the same object "Time to bar closing", but it is the simplest example.

It works withoutChartRedraw in Quaternary, but in Fiver it is with it only, which "causes concern".

I'll ask the question again, as I haven't received an answer.

How bad is it, or does it make no difference in terms of load?

ChartRedraw every second:

int OnInit()
 {
  EventSetTimer(1);
 }

void OnTimer()
 {
   SetLabel(...);
  ChartRedraw(0);
 }

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I'll ask the question again, as I haven't received an answer.

How bad is it, or does it make no difference in terms of load?

ChartRedraw every second:

You can check how bad or good it is with the real-time profiler.

Is it possible to change the drawing style (if the styles require the same number of buffers for drawing)?

More specifically, I want to be able to "turn off" part of the buffers (set to DRAW_NONE) on keystroke.

BeforeFlight:

Is it possible to change the drawing style (if the styles require the same number of buffers for drawing)?

More specifically, I want to be able to "turn off" part of the buffers (set to DRAW_NONE) on keystroke.

Can

Alekseu Fedotov:
Can

Thanks for the reply - it helped to find the error.

After the EA has passed, I can't find the panel that shows the trading history - can you tell me where to find it, please?

Hello 2017.07.18_18:26 GMT+3. Forum connoisseurs, advise which programming to use in order to complete the EA -- procedural or OOP ? I asked the question on page 760. It looks like the standard Moving Average.mq5 Expert Advisor but it is not working. The article https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/367 calls it "simple rules". What kind of programming should I choose so that my code does not contradict those "simple rules"? So I don't have to write another year of Expert Advisor, I think it could be finished in a month or a year and a half. I hope to get an answer. If you have any questions, please do ask. That is all for now. 18:39 GMT+3. Posted at 18:42 GMT+3.

Создай торгового робота за 6 шагов!
Создай торгового робота за 6 шагов!
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Вы не знаете, как устроены торговые классы, и пугаетесь слов "Объектно-ориентированное программирование"? На самом деле вовсе не обязательно всё это знать, чтобы написать свой собственный модуль торговых сигналов - достаточно следовать простым правилам. Всё остальное сделает Мастер MQL5, и вы получите готовый торговый робот!

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

After the EA has passed, I can't find the panel that shows the trading history - can you tell me where to find it, please?

The question seems to be about the Tester.

The Tester'strading history can only be found in the Visualisation window, before you close it.

Пользовательский интерфейс - Начало работы - Справка по MetaTrader 5
Пользовательский интерфейс - Начало работы - Справка по MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Интерфейс платформы предоставляет доступ ко всем инструментам, необходимым для торговли на финансовых рынках. Он включает в себя различные меню...

Ivan Ivanov:

The question seems to be about the Tester.

The Tester'strading history can only be found in the Visualisation window, before you close it.

Thanks - I realised already that visualisation is a minus, and the bigger minus is that if you stop testing before it's over there won't even be any stat data - in MT4 it's all much better implemented!