Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 567

Anton Zverev:

You want the OnTick tester to react to the tick of each of the characters during a multi-character pass. How can this be done?

Through the zero timer is not an option. Via copyix - not an option. Something about a simple thing made the tester so big a bummer.

Use one of the solutions. Maybe it will help. With the option of testing based on real tick data, you can achieve almost complete identity if you configure the engine properly.

Vasiliy Sokolov:
Use one of the solutions. Perhaps this will help. With the option of testing based on real tick data, you can achieve almost complete identity if you configure the engine properly.

Thank you. Just didn't understand how it differs from the options I rejected above. I understand that even a terrible solution can be wrapped up nicely in OOP and you won't notice anything but an indirect drop in performance.

It's an absurd situation. Developers almost write a tester in assembler, and in the end users are forced to spit on the wonderful performance, creating terrible solutions, but which work.

Which solution is faster in the tester - OnTimer or IndicatorRelease?

Developers, the standard library can't do any of this. Give OnMultiTick so that it doesn't go through your tonsils.

Anton Zverev:

Give OnMultiTick so it's not through the glans.

OnMarketwatch, more precisely. All platforms have it. Not in the advanced five.

Anton Zverev:
OnMarketwatch, ...
And in Russian? What do you mean by that?

Karputov Vladimir:
And in Russian? What do you mean by this?

bool SymbolCreate( const string Name) - subscribe to a symbol. Returns false in case of failure.

string SymbolName(const int i ) - returns the name of the i-th signed symbol.

SymbolDelete, SymbolsTotal and others are analogs of ObjectXXX.

OnMarketwatch( const ulong &Counts[] )

Triggers when a tick occurs at the signed symbol (SymbolsTotal should be positive, of course).

Counts[i] - contains the number of the current tick of the i-th signed symbol. It should be possible to compare with previous OnMarketwatch call and to understand how many ticks and for which symbol have been missed. Missing ticks in this way easy to query through copyix. The current ones are SymbolInfoTick(SymbolName(i));

Each tick of any symbol is numbered from the moment of connection to the trading account (the very first tick has zero number) .

In copytix let the input parameter "number of last ticks to be received" take a negative value - it means the request from the date not in future, but in past.

Anton Zverev:

Aren't you tired of making up wishful thinking? Have you tried looking at the documentation? Both OnCalculate() and OnTick() are generated when ticks arrive. However, you should just know that INDICATOR catches ALL ticks for a symbol, at which the indicator is attached, while EA in OnTick() can catch all ticks, but most often ticks come to the EA in packets, and therefore, the last tick from the packet is caught.

In any procedure, please use CopyTicks() to request ticks and analyse them.

Anton Zverev:

Each tick of any symbol is numbered from the moment of connection to trading account (the very first tick has zero number) .

In copytix to allow the input parameter "number of last ticks to be received" to take a negative value - it means a request from the date not in the direction of the future, but in the direction of the past.

This is the top of the unwillingness to program anything yourself, because you will have to analyse by yourself the broken or suspicious ticks (which are missing either bid or ask) - welcome to the land of real reality with its bid ask and last ticks.

Karputov Vladimir:

Aren't you tired of making up wishful thinking?

A multicurrency OnTick in the studio! Don't suggest a crutch via IndicatorRelease. Think about the solution first, and then judge about "wants". An elementary thing cannot be done without a brake crutch. All the platforms have it, Metatrader somehow lacks it. You do not take criticism of the matter at all. The developers have not said anything about it because they understand that the problem has to be worked on. They do not need lawyers. I have offered one option. You have yours - go for it.

Anton Zverev:
Multicurrency OnTick in the studio! The crutch via IndicatorRelease should not be suggested. Think of a solution first, then judge the "wants". An elementary thing cannot be done without a brake crutch. All the platforms have it, Metatrader somehow lacks it. You do not take criticism of the matter at all. The developers have not said anything about it because they understand that the problem has to be worked on. They do not need lawyers. I have offered one option. You have yours - go for it.

Elementary illiteracy. Never tics come on more than one character at the same time. So it is impossible to generate such an event, because it will contain obsolete data (or no data at all) for some characters, and updated data for others.

For persistent unwillingness to read, the comrade is forcibly sent to the library for a week.

Karputov Vladimir, Artyom Trishkin, thank you for your responsiveness.
I started one step at a time - with Vladimir's advice... everything came out as it should :)
thanks again.

advise how to install the downloaded indicator in Metatrader

??????