Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 351

Before synchronising the terminal to the virtual server, should "automatic trading" be switched on or off?

720105831:
Should "automatic trading" be enabled or disabled before syncing the terminal to the virtual server?
Video clip number two, watch from 20 seconds onwards.

Good day everyone!

I want to know which information on the market in real time can be obtained by a trader using MQL5. I am interested in FORTS market.

I mean the Depth of Market where the limited orders BOOK_TYPE_SELL and BOOK_TYPE_BUY are displayed, is there market orders BOOK_TYPE_SELL_MARKET and BOOK_TYPE_BUY_MARKET? How often is this information updated?

There is MqlBookInfo structure with all this information, but it is not available for all financial instruments.

In the standard DOM I see only limited orders and market orders are immediately converted to deals. Is it possible to view them separately, take them into account and work with them?

alseek:

Good day everyone!

I want to know which information on the market in real time can be obtained by a trader using MQL5. I am interested in FORTS market.

I mean the Depth of Market where the limited orders BOOK_TYPE_SELL and BOOK_TYPE_BUY are displayed, is there market orders BOOK_TYPE_SELL_MARKET and BOOK_TYPE_BUY_MARKET? How often is this information updated?

There is MqlBookInfo structure with all this information, but it is not available for all financial instruments.

In the standard DOM I see only limited orders and market orders are immediately converted to deals. Can I view them separately, take them into account and work with them?

Alseek, any stock market stack may contain only limit orders: Buy Limit and Sell Limit. Market bids cannot be in the cup due to the nature of market pricing. Thus, you cannot analyze market orders of other traders before they will be executed.

Before you start trading you should read the article:"Fundamentals of exchange pricing by the example of the futures section of the Moscow Exchange. It will answer many of your questions.

C-4:

Alseek, any stock picker can only contain limited bids: Buy Limit and Sell Limit. Market bids cannot be in the cup due to the nature of market pricing. Thus, you cannot analyze market orders of other traders before they will be executed.

Before you start trading you should read the article:"Fundamentals of exchange pricing on the example of the futures section of the Moscow Exchange. It will answer many of your questions.

I understand, thank you. Very interesting material.

Hello all, I have a script that uses calls from an external DLL, which specifically counts quotes and creates a file with the necessary odds, is there any way to make the script run on a schedule? I need it to run every day at a certain hour?

jommerbot:
Hello all, I have a script that uses calls from an external DLL, which specifically counts quotes and creates a file with the necessary odds, is there any way to make the script run on a schedule? I need it to run every day at a certain hour?
What prevents me from writing an Expert Advisor and transferring the code from the script to it?

barabashkakvn:
Что мешает написать эксперт и перенести в него код из скрипта? 

Except that's what's left, but it's not "true" vay, is it?

jommerbot:
Yes, that's all it takes, but it's not the "True" Way, is it?
It's a good solution, you can make an EA from any script and schedule it to work.

jommerbot:
Yes, except that it does, but it's not a 'troubled' vay, is it?
The script is essentially a one-time programme - it has worked out its actions and is unloaded from memory. The Expert Advisor works until it is forcibly stopped, also trade and other events are available in the Expert Advisor.