Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 194

I am a complete novice in a crisis situation. to get out I attended an accelerated course on teletrade but no one is telling me anything. i asked about expert advisors and indicators. they said i should work without expert advisors, just technical analysis and econo calendar. among indicators fractals. bollinger bonds. parabolic sar and mowing averaging could help please give some good advice.

tatbar:
Looking for newbies, i got into crisis, i need some help to get out, i took a crash course on teletrade, but no one is telling me anything, i just asked for an expert advisor or indicator and i got a feeling that i should work without expert advisor, just technical analysis and econo calendar .
  1. Forex cannot be understood after a "crash course". It takes time.
  2. Working without EAs is only the right thing to do in the beginning. Then you will understand the necessity of studying MQL5 and, as a consequence, will write your own Expert Advisors.
  3. There are two types of indicators: trend indicators and oscillators. These indicators are subject to your taste.

barabashkakvn:
  1. Forex cannot be understood after a "crash course". It takes time.
  2. Working without EAs is only the right thing to do in the beginning. Then comes the understanding of the need to study MQL5 and, as a consequence, independent writing of Expert Advisors.
  3. There are two types of indicators: trend indicators and oscillators. These indicators are up to your taste.
I think I have understood it a little bit, but I screwed up 4 demo accounts and it seems to work, but sometimes in the opposite direction What would you advise?

tatbar:
I seem to understand a little bit but still screwed up 4 demo accounts seem to work, but sometimes in the other direction what advice?
Control your greed (in the sense of controlling the risks).

barabashkakvn:
I have no greed (in the sense of controlling risks).
I have no greed, I just made a few mistakes, I hit sell instead of buy a few times and vice versa, I don't understand trends, I just want to learn how to become a private trader, I have no money

I think I understand it a little but I screwed up 4 demo accounts and it seems to work, but sometimes in the other direction what do you advise?

barabashkakvn:
Have a look at the help for the iMA technical indicator. There is an example with a handle in the help. In the example the handle is for one period, but if you add a couple of lines, it will be for several periods as well
Hello, I can't understand which lines and why. I replaced input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES period=PERIOD_CURRENT; by input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES period=PERIOD_D1; Well, nothing happens anywayPERIOD_CURRENT; and in my code too, the MASD (D1) calculates only on the D1 timeframe and the terminal runs amok.
Files:
macd2.mq5  4 kb

tatbar:
I am not greedy, I just made a few mistakes when I pressed sell instead of buy and vice versa, I cannot distinguish trends very well.

Automate your strategy. The Expert Advisor will not confuse buy and sell, and instead of greed, you can enable adequate money management and risk management, which is very difficult to implement manually.

Vikon:
Hello, I can't understand which lines and why. I replaced input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES period=PERIOD_CURRENT; by input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES period=PERIOD_D1; Well, nothing happens anywayPERIOD_CURRENT; and in my code too, the MASD (D1) calculates only on the D1 timeframe and the terminal runs amok.

Look again at the indicator code from the help https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/indicators/ima . Note the lines in OnInit():

//--- создадим хэндл индикатора
   if(type==Call_iMA)
      handle=iMA(name,period,ma_period,ma_shift,ma_method,applied_price);

Here the indicator handle for the period is created - "period".

Документация по MQL5: Технические индикаторы / iMA
Документация по MQL5: Технические индикаторы / iMA
  • www.mql5.com
Технические индикаторы / iMA - Документация по MQL5

barabashkakvn:

Look again at the indicator code from the help https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/indicators/ima . Note the lines in OnInit():

This creates the indicator handle for the period - "period".

Hi. I understand that I have achieved something usingIndicatorCreate andMqlParam, but the issue hasn't been solved. It's happening so that the value of the specified timeframe is read on the high timeframe, but not on the low timeframe. For example on D1 it reads H1, but on M15 it doesn't read H1.
Files:
macd2.mq5  4 kb