Bid && Ask && Spread - page 2

You can change the prices you seem to want yourself, so what's the point?

Improve your knowledge of pricing.

hrenfx:

Improve your knowledge of pricing.

You know, my level of knowledge allows me to understand one very simple thing, if the price will go, it will go from the extremum, and if the extremum is rewritten, it means the movement has been cancelled. Also something tells me that the extremum is just high ask and low bid. That's really what I need to know.

hrenfx:

Raise your level of knowledge about pricing.

It is useless trying to get through to lovers of indicators, levels and other rubbish. =)

And in general, of course, I agree with the fact that they should have done two candlesticks each, for asc and bid. Otherwise they've invented some kind of bicycle with square wheels again to save on matches.

Yes, the idea of a bid and an ask in one bar is probably more bad than good. Just one question for MK: why did you choose a bid as the basis for building bars?

220Volt:
Yes, the idea of bid and ask in one bar is probably more bad than good. Just one question for MK: why did you choose Bid as a base for creating bars?

Bid charting is a classic method which is used in the vast majority of analytical systems.

In addition to the bid, we store its initial spread in each minute bar, which allows us to very accurately simulate the development of bars in the tester.

Analytical systems' and 'auto-trading systems' are not the same. And there does seem to be an emphasis on autotrading. I can understand such artificial restrictions to make life easier for carbon traders, their minds will go astray if they look at candlestick pairs charts, but they should have done it properly for silicon traders. =)

wise:

The sets of "analytical systems" and "systems for auto-trading" are not identical. And the emphasis here seems to be on autotrading. I can understand such artificial restrictions to make life easier for carbon traders, their minds will go astray if they look at candlestick pairs charts, but they should have done it properly for silicon traders. =)

What is the problem with Bid/Ask experts?

1. The Bid/Ask data on the current bar is all there in the rltime.
  2. In retail time it is possible to get spreads at any bar via CopySpread() - it is very easy to build up Ask as Bid (or Open/High/Low/Close) + Spread
  3. In the tester it is the same - the Ask is always close to the real one, because it is calculated with the minute spreads at every point of time (for example, in the watchtest there are 60-minute variable spreads).

As much as I see Ask discussions of this sort, there is a constant doubt that people actually know about spread storage, access to it and its use in a trading strategy tester. And there is documentation and articles on the subject.

The problem I see is that the stop will not be able to be set accurately. When selling it should be set according to Ask history, when buying on the contrary (imho). We have to put it with a margin, it's an extra loss.

220Volt:

The problem I see is that the stop will not be able to be set accurately. When selling it should be set according to Ask history, when buying on the contrary (imho). You have to set it with a margin, it will cause unnecessary loss.

Have you checked it in practice and compared to reality?

And I can immediately ask: do you really want to place a stop within the spread, when the spread fluctuates at 1.1-1.3 pips (example EURUSD)? I'm afraid that reality will answer clearly here - it's dangerous and will lead to an imminent stop triggering.

Even in pipsing it makes no sense to talk about such close stops - in practice they pips without a close stop (and no stop at all) as they are reasonably afraid of its triggering.

It's not pipsing, it's micro-pipsing. ))