OpenCL: internal implementation tests in MQL5 - page 49

MetaDriver: 1. Try the version in the trailer. I recompiled it with CLContextCreate(CL_DEVICE_ANY);

Yes, I realised that - as soon as I went to bed :)

The acceleration on my CPU was even slightly affected by your vector chips. Achieved a record 27.39 times acceleration!

Radeon rules!

Paired with Intel:

2012.04.08 11:51:49    ParallelTester_00-02-d16x7x3w_new (EURUSD,H1)    CPU time = 267058 ms

papaklass:

Now that's interesting. Did I get it right that OpenCL worked on four CPU cores?

No, AMD rules the game.

;)

MetaDriver: Now this is interesting. Did I get it right that OpenCL worked on four CPU cores ?

If only. There's a built-in Radeon HD4200. On this task - slightly faster than my emulation on the CPU. I had about 10 seconds.

AMD definitely rules on GPU, there's no point in arguing about it.

How to get OpenCL emulation on four i3 "cores" - still don't know.

P.S. In general, it is interesting to ask papaklass himself what devices are seen in his system.

Mathemat:

How to get OpenCL emulation on four "cores" of i3 - still don't know.

The driver has to be plugged in. Try asking around on the forum www.OpenCL.ru There are strong and experienced people there.

MetaDriver: The driver must be inserted. Try to ask around on the forum www.OpenCL.ru There are strong and experienced people there.

There is a driver (from AMD). It works in MT5, does not refuse. But it calculates better than CPU :)

Thank you, I will ask.

papaklass: PS: To Mathemat you meant that:

I meant OpenCL devices.

There are utilities - OpenCL-Z or GPU Caps. They are both available on the web.

No, no, not CPU-Z, OpenCL-Z.

MetaDriver: Now that's interesting. Did I get it right that OpenCL worked on four CPU cores?
This is the tricky part. The argument inside CLContextCreate() cannot explicitly select CPU if there is any external GPU.

Mathemat:
This is the tricky part. The argument inside CLContextCreate() cannot explicitly select CPU if there is any external GPU.
It seems that it is also possible to call it by device number. I will look it up tonight. I'll take a nap now, I didn't get enough sleep last night.

papaklass: PS: Why the nVidia shortcut I don't know I have AMD.

It's a utility glitch.

Here you show what you have in the bottom drop-down list, apart from CPU. Well if you can't, write it this way.