Questions from a "dummy" - page 37

I am interested - is it possible to change the volume of a pending order using mql5?

I tried OrderModify - it says modify failed (Unknown error), although all mandatory elements of the request are filled correctly...

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров - Документация по MQL5

No, you can't. The only option here is to remove the old one and fit a new one.

Rosh:
No, you can't. The only option here is to remove the old one and put in a new one.

Why so, it's a simple hold?

Interesting:

Why is it so, isn't it just a simple delayer?

It was discussed a year ago. At the time I also tried to find out why the volume of a pending order could not be changed. At that time (as far as I remember) Renat explained that the volume is such an important element from the order counting point of view and for possible claims of a trader against a dealer that the "one order - one volume" scheme was implemented (or something similar).

axmed0207:

I tried OrderModify but the message says modify failed (Unknown error), though all of the mandatory elements of the request are filled correctly...

Look carefully at description of OrderModify() method from CTrade class:

bool  OrderModify(
   ulong                 ticket,         // тикет ордера
   double                price,          // цена исполнения
   double                sl,             // цена stop loss 
   double                tp,             // цена take profit
   ENUM_ORDER_TYPE_TIME   type_time,      // тип по истечению
   datetime              expiration      // истечение
   )

It doesn't have volume among its parameters. Similarly, in section "Structure of trade request(MqlTradeRequest)" in Handbook

Modify Pending Order.

Trade order for modification of pending order price levels. The specification of 7 fields is required:

• action
  • order
  • price
  • sl
  • tp
  • type_time
  • expiration
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Структуры данных / Структура торгового запроса
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Структуры данных / Структура торгового запроса
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Структуры данных / Структура торгового запроса - Документация по MQL5

I see now, thanks for the answer. I just assumed that if volume is not in the list of mandatory query fields, then it's an optional parameter :)

Identifiers such as SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_xxx are provided for the SymbolInfoDouble() function. The description says that this is the "calculated tick value for the position". Do I understand correctly that we are actually talking not about "tick value" but about "value of minimal change of price of an instrument"? In other words, we emphasize the value by which own funds in the deposit currency would change in the case of minimal price movement and a 1-lot contract?

You do not know in advance by how many points the price will jump when the next tick appears.

Yedelkin:

Identifiers such as SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_xxx are provided for the SymbolInfoDouble() function. The description says that this is the "calculated tick value for the position". Do I understand correctly that we are actually talking not about "tick value" but about "value of minimal change of price of an instrument"? In other words, we emphasize the value by which own funds in the deposit currency would change in the case of minimal price movement and a 1-lot contract?

You do not know in advance by how many points the price will jump when the next tick appears.

A tick is the minimal change of price.

uncleVic:
Tick is the minimum price change.

OK, I see. One indicator has two different names.

What is the difference between

SYMBOL_POINT

Single point value

double

и

SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE

Minimum price change

double

?

Like the minimum price change can be less than one point value?

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте - Документация по MQL5

In theory, the point and the tick could be different.

Yedelkin:

Like, can the minimum price change be less than the value of one point?

That's unlikely. :) But the opposite is possible.