A little surprised :) Thought I'd share and ask a NOT rhetorical question. - page 25

2011.04.05 01:35:35     RationalSpeedTest (EURUSD,H1)   Common time int test = 31 ms; // 1000000 calls
2011.04.05 01:35:35     RationalSpeedTest (EURUSD,H1)   Common time long test = 63 ms; // 1000000 calls
2011.04.05 01:35:35     RationalSpeedTest (EURUSD,H1)   Common time double test = 31 ms; // 1000000 calls
2011.04.05 01:35:35     RationalSpeedTest (EURUSD,H1)   Common time IntRational test = 609 ms; // 1000000 calls
2011.04.05 01:35:35     RationalSpeedTest (EURUSD,H1)   Common time LongRational test = 438 ms; // 1000000 calls

2011.04.05 01:36:50     RationalSpeedTest (EURUSD,H1)   Common time int test = 360 ms; // 10000000 calls
2011.04.05 01:36:50     RationalSpeedTest (EURUSD,H1)   Common time long test = 500 ms; // 10000000 calls
2011.04.05 01:36:50     RationalSpeedTest (EURUSD,H1)   Common time double test = 422 ms; // 10000000 calls
2011.04.05 01:36:49     RationalSpeedTest (EURUSD,H1)   Common time IntRational test = 6093 ms; // 10000000 calls
2011.04.05 01:36:43     RationalSpeedTest (EURUSD,H1)   Common time LongRational test = 4407 ms; // 10000000 calls
winXP PRO SP3 32 intel core 2 quad 9400 2.67Ghz 3.5GB MetaTrader 5 Build 425

MetaDriver:

Made as a structure.

struct Rational
  {
   long              n;
   long              m;
   void ErrDZ() { Print("Rational error: zero-denominator!"); }
   void Neg() { n=-n; }
   void Norm() { long d=gcd(n,m); n/=d; m/=d; if (m<0) { n=-n; m=-m; } }

apologies for the offtops, but why is it a structure and not a class?

ZS: The less I program in mql5, the more I realize that mql5 language follows its own path of specialized languages, I still need to find educational institutions that will train mql5 programmers - I used to study C++ , But lately i have to spend lots of time to study mql5 HELP, because it looks less and less like classical C++. mql5 should coincide with classical C++ or i don't need it, give me an open API and any programmer will not have to reread mql5 documentation every month

IgorM:

Isn't there a structure in C++?

IgorM:

ZS: The less I program in mql5, the more I realize that mql5 language follows its own path of specialized languages, I still need to find educational institutions that will train mql5 programmers - I used to study C++ , But lately i have to spend lots of time to study mql5 HELPs, because it looks less and less like classical C++. mql5 should be the same as classical C++ or i don't need it, give me an open API and any programmer will not have to reread mql5 documentation every month

Structure? This is such a "smart" programmer. The structure is no different from the class except that all members of the structure are public.

API? What is the API for? For purely trading - buy and sell, MT5 is very suitable. You will need a couple of combinations, a couple of checks, some simple calculations, MT5 will be quite enough. All the rest, unfortunately, will have to be done in С++.

In fact, you must understand the "layout" :) In a nutshell - there is a brokerage company interested in clients. The client is not a professional trader, but builder Vasya. Who just wants to push the buy/sell button on his iPad. The client is a sucker :). The client is well aware that he cannot make any manual trades. They do not sell en masse. They have understood that they have to use computers in the 21st century. They give him trading robots. You're asleep, and he's out there making money. Somebody has to write these robots? Yeah, who? The programmers - everyone knows that, even our client. :) . MQ is interested in DC, DC is interested in clients, the client needs ROBOTS - OK! They said MQ and gave us MTX with the ability to program. Programmers need a tester, just to show how much money their robot will make and definitely need an optimizer, so that the client clearly dumped with his claims "why the losses? That's it! - We see a complete chain of satisfied. Everyone is satisfied. Moreover, it is important - here all the links are MUST - all the layers are important, for this scheme. :) Loch, Programmers, MT (tester and optimizer), and DC of course. Here it is the scheme of business to satisfy lazy fools who are thirsty for freebies. :) Now we can consider what properties should have tester and optimizer - the tester should be able to easily cut cabbage, the optimizer is simple and understandable even to the client. That's all :) You don't need anything else at all. What API. Who are you? A sucker? Well, you're a "programmer". Programmer? You want everything to work in the tester - what's the API for you? .... :) Write the text above - it will be quickly removed, it will not last long. But most importantly you should understand - what is the right answer to the question - "What is the tester for? :))

Academic:

Structure? This is such a "ponce" of programming.

In MQL5 it's a separate entity from the classes.

In fact, you must understand the "wiring" scheme :) In brief, it's as follows ...

You are thinking too narrow-minded, dear fellow.

TheXpert:

In MQL5 it is a separate entity from the classes.

You're thinking too narrowly.
Widen it. :))

Academic:

Structure? It's such a programmer's "thing". Structure is no different from class except that all members of structure are public.

API? Why do you need API? For purely trading - buy and sell, MT5 is very suitable. You will need a couple of combinations, a couple of checks, some simple calculations, MT5 will be quite enough. All the rest, unfortunately, will have to be done in С++.

In fact, you must understand the "layout" :) In a nutshell - there is a brokerage company interested in clients. The client is not a professional trader, but builder Vasya. The client is a sucker :). The client is well aware that he cannot trade with his hands. And they do not go in droves. They have understood that they have to use computers in the 21st century. They give him trading robots. You're asleep, and he's out there making money. Somebody has to write these robots? Yeah, who? The programmers - everyone knows that, even our client. :) . MQ is interested in DC, DC is interested in clients, the client needs ROBOTS - OK! They said MQ and gave us MTX with the ability to program. Programmers need a tester, just to show how much money their robot will make and definitely need an optimizer, so that the client clearly dumped with his claims "and why the loss?" after the words of the programmer - "make optimization". That's it! - We see a complete chain of satisfied. Everyone is satisfied. Moreover, it is important - here all the links are MUST - all the layers are important, for this scheme. :) Loch, Programmers, MT (tester and optimizer), and DC of course. Here it is the scheme of business to satisfy lazy fools who are thirsty for freebies. :) Now we can consider what properties should have tester and optimizer - the tester should be able to easily cut cabbage, the optimizer is simple and understandable even to the client. That's all :) You don't need anything else at all. What API. Who are you? A sucker? Well, you're a "programmer". Programmer? You want everything to work in the tester - what's the API for you? .... :) Write the text above - it will be quickly removed, it will not last long. But the most important thing you must understand - as the right answer to the question - "What is the tester for? :))

Door slam number one.

Type of slam - "I don't understand shit myself, but I'll open your eyes."

Academic:
Expand. :))
Feeding a troll is not interesting.

Academic:

The structure? This is such a "smart" programmer. Structure is no different from the class except that all members of the structure are public.

But most importantly you should understand - what is the RIGHT answer to the question - "What is the tester for? :))

Well, if it's a punt, it's a punt - I don't like non-standard/non-classical descriptions, that's why I like Delphi/Pascal - it teaches even in C++ to describe variables, classes, structures first, and then the main code, but never mind

I used to play with tester, and I couldn't stop, until I realized I wouldn't be able to trade even on microaccounts with such strategies and practice shows that a workable and profitable Expert Advisor can be written "by eye". As practice shows, a workable and profitable Expert Advisor can be written "by eye" without a Strategy Tester provided the strategy has been tested by my hands - and I'm doing it now