Can there be more Bid than Ask in a tick? - page 2

Academic:

Tick is exactly the point of satisfying both sides :))

No, the tick is the "best price" change

Mischek:
No, a tick is a "best price" change.

What do you mean by that expression? Best for what period?

Something is wrong with the forum - I wrote a post and it's gone.

Not for a period. Now, in the moment. If an order is for example 1 contract and its holder has deleted it, there will be a tick to the next price with the order, without the fact of buying or selling.

Mischek:
Not for a period. Now, in the moment. If there is 1 contract and its owner deletes it, there will be a tick to the next price with the order, without the fact of buying or selling.

Ok, let it be so. Let's skip it. I do not want to discuss it now - in your version it is the best bid and offer.

But I have a question for you - in your edition we have a tick - it's a CHANGE and time has nothing to do with it. OK, but then I rarely but rarely see ticks in reality when nothing changes, a tick comes and there is the same price. How do you explain this in terms of your interpretation.

Academic:

but then I rarely but rarely see the reality of tics when nothing changes,

what do you mean ?

Academic:

All right so be it. Let's drop it. I don't want to discuss it now - in your version it turns out the best bid and offer.

But a question for you - in your edition we have a tick - it's a CHANGE and time has nothing to do with it. OK, but then I rarely but rarely see ticks in reality when nothing changes, a tick comes and there is the same price. How do you explain this in terms of your interpretation.

Turn on the asc line and see that it changes and the Bid stands still.

If the Ask line is on, ask your brokerage company why this happens. Maybe the filters are screwed on and the Ask price jerked back and forth and the filters didn't let it through, so you get an empty tick.

Mischek:
what do you mean ?
:) You said that a tick is a change. If you didn't say that, then I don't know what you mean. :)

dimeon:

Turn on the asc line and see that it changes and the Bid stands still.

If the Ask line is on, ask your brokerage company why this happens. Maybe the filters are screwed on and the Ask price jerked back and forth and the filters didn't let it through, so you get an empty tick.

So what is a tick. I already wrote above.

Academic:
:) You said that a tic is a change. If you didn't say that, then I don't know what you meant to say at all. :)
Glad I could make you laugh. What do you mean, "but then I rarely see tics in real life when nothing changes"?

Mischek:
Glad I could make you laugh. But I would like to hear the answer to your question. What do you mean - "but then I rarely see tics in reality when nothing changes"?

No, you're not making fun of me - we're just going round in circles - I've been asking "what do you mean" from the start and you're trying to respond to my speculation. I just didn't understand your clarification of what tics are.

And again, even the part I think I understood - "What happens if two people delete their application at the same time?"