MetaTrader 5 on a live account - page 6

Urain:

It's simply impossible to pass a globally declared variable into a function, let alone more complicated things.

Yeah. It's a cruel bug...

i checked it this way. it works

int a[10]; int count=10;
it treats count as an array :)))

sergeev:

Yeah. Brutal bug...

Checked it like this. It's working.

It sees the count as an array :)))

It's not that there are errors, you can't get away from that. The point is that it's in the stabilized part. Namely in syntax.

Here is another example:

void OnStart()
  {   
   int f[3];int g[3];
   for(int j=0;j<3;j++){f[j]=g[j]=123;}
  }

Compiled normally, but on start-up it generates: Access violation read to 0x00000000 in 'С:\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Scripts\Sheet4.ex5'.

But I just need to rewrite this expression:

f[j]=g[j]=123;

like this :

g[j]=123;
f[j]=g[j];

and there is no problem.

So it turns out that programming at this stage still comes down not to creating algorithms but to searching for why it does not work.

f[j]=g[j]=123;

is it possible to do this?

Actually, it's faster to work like this instead of:

g[j]=123;
f[j]=g[j];

it should go like this, but I'm just saying:

g[j]=123;
f[j]=123;

In your case you access arrays 3 times, in mine only 2. :)

Thank you very much, Urain!

I had a piece of function that didn't want to work for who knows why, seven lines. I put off debugging it indefinitely, because there's nothing to debug! Everything must work. And then I came across your message. Obviously, everything worked at once.

Urain:
Thank you for your message, the error has been corrected.

mql5:
Thanks for the post, the error has been fixed.

Actually this thread is not for bugs, and I posted them as examples.

Please note that new builds often break the stabilized part (even if only for small things).

Apparently the matter is in code optimization. Without knowing the optimization system I can only speculate.

But from my experience I know that a system built without a plan is very hard to be updated later.

I think we need to systematize the bugs and understand the weak points in the mql5 development plan.

Does anyone know what FINAM thinks about MT5?

gisip:

Amazing, there is no visualisation in the strategy tester and people care about the API.

Especially probably the first 4 points:)

I think you're wrong to think that you know better than the developers about the sequence of actions to promote the platform!

Yedelkin:

Personally, I don't care about "lack of visualization in the strategy tester", because I've never encountered this beast before.

But people are interested in the reasons of delayed appearance of MT5 at brokers. If the reason is the lack of API, then it is logical to assume that people will be worried about API as well.

exactly! +1 ... visualisation is not the most necessary thing now...

YuraZ:

I think you are wrong to think that you know better than the developers about the sequence of actions to promote the platform!

+1

What a surge of emotion! after a simple question. And they say that a trader must control his emotions)