The future of automated trading - page 4

timbo:
Trading software should be without charts and analytics. It's not a terminal, it's a black box. It should trade. The charts and systems should be drawn on the side in suitable programs.
Are you suggesting to analyse in excel, and trade on the phone (figuratively)?

And what percentage of mistakes will there be on medium-term trading, much less short-term?

When the system for analysis and trading is the same, there is no need to link components.
Practically, there is nothing in MT5 that can be done in other analysis systems (I'm not talking about highly specialized ones like Nerochel, etc.).
It's not about the platform, it's about the trader/programmer.

If you only want to trade, go ahead and trade on the phone, mt5 is a complete solution.
You can analyse anywhere, it's a different story.

P.S. Convenience and beauty are inversely proportional to possibilities.

Renat:

The client terminal is just the tip of the iceberg of the whole MetaTrader 5 complex.

Please show us some examples of inconvenient/wrongly implemented netting processes - we'll look into it.

From a process designer's point of view, your product schema is missing several important links in the auto-trading and user experience mechanism.

There is no clear mechanism of applied objects and user processes support. With application objects I think it's clear, but here are typical examples of unsupported processes:

No sustainable storage and access to external or own billing data (for MTS-peers)

No integration mechanisms developed (for MTS-peers)

No funds management mechanism at all (for all)

--

Apex or no apex, in the end the consumer is the engine of progress. DCs are moving towards the consumer, offering them new services, sculpting them themselves based on web technologies. You can offer them the implementation of specific consumable services within your platform.

--

This is of course not available in other products (except integration, and object schemas there are quite far from application use), so you can take your time :)

mrProF:
Are you suggesting to analyse in excel, and trade on the phone (figuratively)?

And what percentage of mistakes will there be on medium-term trading, much less short-term?

When the system for analysis and trading is the same, there is no need in binding components.
There is practically nothing in MT5 that can be done in other analysis systems (I'm not talking about highly specialized ones like neroshel, etc.).

If you only want to trade, go ahead and trade on the phone, mt5 is a complete solution.
You can trade on MT5, and you can analyse anywhere, that's another story.

You are exaggerating too much. Timbo wasn't talking about the phone. He was talking about trading. After all, you yourself are well aware that if you have found an ATC, you have searched a long time and found it (and not necessarily you have looked for it in MT, let it be matlab, not excel), what will you personally need from the terminal, when you hang the ATC on it?

I dare say it's reliability and speed of execution of buy sell commands....the algorithm trades, it no longer needs charts or a tester...it needs reliability...

Z.U. Everything in one bottle has its advantages, but special tools also have their advantages.

Prival:

You are exaggerating too much. Timbo didn't talk about the phone. He was talking about the trade. After all, you yourself are well aware, if an ATS is found, you have searched for a long time and found it (and not necessarily you have searched for it in MT, let it be matlab, not excel), what will you personally need from the terminal when you put an ATS on it ?

I dare say it's reliability and speed of execution of buy sell commands....the algorithm trades, it no longer needs charts or a tester...it needs reliability...

Z.I. Everything in one bottle has its advantages, but special tools also have their advantages.

I don't know... In my opinion, MT5 handles trading well, opens/closes positions, places/removes orders...
There are some minor problems, but they are mainly with MQL.
That's what I'm basing it on.

mrProF:
I don't know... In my opinion, MT5 handles trading well, opens/closes positions, places/removes orders...
That is what I am guided by.
Have you ever worked in MT4? It's difficult not to notice the elephant. MT5 is not in working mode yet.

mrProF:
Are you suggesting to analyse in excel and trade on the phone (figuratively)?

Figuratively speaking, yes. And I'm not suggesting that, it's life. I am only suggesting to look beyond the nano account in the village DC. I started this thread with the word "prospects" and current trends in the financial markets.
The analysts and economists should analyze, i.e. create MTS, and the "girl on the phone" can trade according to clear and concise rules. For some reason no one is bothered by the fact that terminals used in the Championship do not have charting, they just cut it out. And it does not prevent them from trading. And now they are stuck with the need for charting.

Let's go further and make our fantasy a bit: we should create and test the MTS in MATLAB, and then fill it in the black box, which will quickly calculate and even faster trade. Who needs a nice, user-friendly trading terminal and at what stage? How does Goldman Sachs trade, via metatrader? The volume of new, just trading, information is 60 gigs a day. Who can analyse it and how?

mrProF:
Are you suggesting to analyse in excel and trade by phone (figuratively)?

And what percentage of errors will be in medium-term trading, especially in short-term?

When the system for analysis and trading is the same, there is no need to link components.
Almost nothing in MT5 that can be done in other analysis systems (I'm not talking about highly specific ones like nerochel, etc.)

You can analyse anywhere, it's a different story.

No. I am talking about the software that A. Gerchik (NYSE) uses in his work. The same fund, but it has a MINIMALIZE, but it works in real time.

As far as I know, the software presented by Alexander at the presentation has minimum of means for graphical analysis, but people can easily use ancient software for these purposes.

PS

For trading and analysis the situation is opposite - we analyze in MT5, we trade in another software (the best variant of MQ - MT4).

I don't think the situation is going to change to mT5 trading any time soon. Unfortunately... :(

Interesting:

As far as trading and analysis is concerned the situation is just the opposite - we analyse in MT5, we trade in another software (the best option from MQ is MT4).

I think the situation will not change soon to trading on mT5. Unfortunately... :(

I think that is a shame. I'm really sorry that I have to do that. So much effort and time was spent on studying MQL...

I don't know guys, I just don't understand you.

Let's say there are two trading platforms, one console and one with a graphical interface. The speed of execution of trade orders is the same. So, which of these two platforms to choose? The answer is obvious - the one with GUI.

I am a Linux-based system lover myself. I like the simplicity, speed, the possibility to customize anything and everything. But that doesn't mean you have to use console ICQ, console email client, console video/audio player now. Yes, yes, there are still people who use console software, the kind of software that most people don't imagine such programs without a graphical interface. Why, I don't understand, move in the opposite direction of progress?

MT5 is really a revolutionary trading platform with a huge potential for expansion and growth. Already now there is no need for matkad matlab. Perhaps soon, if the developers haven't forgotten, there will be an option to build dot charts, which opens up additional awesome possibilities.

A lot has been done and is being done for auto-trading. But on the other hand, we must constantly work on the usability of the interface for "handhelds". Unfortunately, they didn't pay attention to my suggestions concerning some minor changes in the interface of the terminal.

That is, I'm not advocating a return to the console view of the terminal, but an improved usability and functionality of the interface.

And everything will be fine. :)

mrProF:
I don't know... In my opinion, MT5 handles trading fine, opens/closes positions, places/removes orders...
That's what I'm starting from.

Of course it's better and faster than MT4, the reliability is a separate issue.

I don't know why it always comes down to this situation, i.e. open position, close it with TP or SL/ST.