Optimisation in the Strategy Tester - page 13

And another tricky question for MT developers, which tester works more correctly MT4 or MT5?

Yedelkin:
Stand on the chart with the mouse and use the context menu to select the "Refresh" option. But quotes can also be missing due to lack of connection.
No, I don't mean the quotes, I mean the terminal itself.)

Yedelkin:
Anticipated question :) In the last paragraph. Maybe someone has figured it out - then they'll answer it.
So I wondered too, it doesn't appear there from nothing (spread):))) But I looked with my "eye" and it seems more or less adequate spread appears, so spread in MT5 (if it works that way in real life) isn't that bad, at least it's better than in MT4 - there is some not so good spread.

marker:
No, I don't mean the quotes, I mean the terminal itself.)

The terminal is updated automatically as soon as a new build is released. Information on new builds can be found here: List of changes in MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal builds. You can compare the number of your build with the last released one. I have not heard about manual update.

Yedelkin:

The terminal is updated automatically as soon as a new build is released. Information on new builds can be found here: List of changes in MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal builds. You can compare the number of your build with the last released one. I have not heard about manual update.

I see, alpari seems to have a bug, kotirs are still not coming to mt5.

marker:

And another tricky question for MT developers, which tester works more correctly MT4 or MT5?

??

Yedelkin:

The terminal is updated automatically as soon as new builds are released. Information about new builds can be found here: List of changes in MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal builds. You can compare the number of your build with the last one released. I have not heard about manual update.

As far as I remember, there are three ways to force updates to terminal builds:

1. Connect to the MQ server (this will reconcile and update);

2. Copy the files of the existing new build and place them in the directory of the obsolete one (if more than one copy of the terminal is installed);

3. Delete a specific inf/ini file or section in it (can't remember which file, I'll look for it).

PS

About Alpari's server - Unfortunately it is not the right server to seriously test your developments on (I mean the history quality issues and some other bugs).

Although if testing the TS on MQ server is not possible on Alpari server for some reason...

marker:
marker:

And one more tricky question for MT developers, which tester works more correctly MT4 or MT5?

??

If the TS is consistent with the rules of tennis trading, then MT5 without a doubt (in any other case there will be variants).

The convenience of the MT5 tester are:

1. Possibility to test trade on several instraments (multicurrency);

2. Possibility to test trade on several TFs (it is possible to process information on all available TFs);

3. optimization by means of agents. Availability of remote agents allows optimization of up to 64 parameters within quite a large network;

4. Availability of 64-bit support;

5. Possibility to test it in conditions very close to real trading.

The advantages of MT4 tester are:

1. Generally, the main convenience is the absence of netting (which allows you to open positions simultaneously in different directions);

2. If you have enough experience you can edit the history of a certain symbol, or create your own symbol with the right history.

Interesting:

As far as I remember, there are three ways to force updates to terminal builds:

1. Connect to the MQ server (this will reconcile and update);

2. Copy the files of the existing new build and place them in the directory of the obsolete one (if more than one copy of the terminal is installed);

3. Delete a specific inf/ini file or section in it (can't remember which one, I'll look for it).

PS

About Alpari's server - Unfortunately it is not the right server to seriously test your developments on (I mean the history quality problems and some other bugs).

Although if testing TS on MQ server for some reason is not possible and Alpari server will do...

I don't have any problems with history quality and some of its bugs. If we have a real account at Alpari, we should use them, or am I wrong?