A tester without internet does not work. - page 8

You've got it all wrong and you're making trouble for yourself. Everything works correctly.

Oh, miracle... changed the letter... It's a little easier now.

Dmitriy2:

Oh, miracle... changed the letter... It's easier now (a little).

If you work with flash drive constantly (and developers do not want to solve problem with absolute paths to files) will be more convenient to work not "directly" from the stick, but with virtual drive with pre-known letter (for example Z).

Commands to create and delete virtual disk in this case would look like this

//Для создания диска
SUBST Z: [workdisk:\] //к примеру так - SUBST Z: K:\
//Для удаления диска
SUBST Z: /D //Для удаление созданного диска

PS

More details about SUBST can be found here - Subst

For convenience, you can create a "VirtualDisk.bat" file on the flash drive with the command (to create the drive)

SUBST Z: .\

and "VirtualDiskFree.bat" file to remove the disk

SUBST Z: /D
That's my advice :)

Interesting:

If you're working from a USB stick all the time (and the developers don't want to deal with absolute paths to files) ...

That's my advice :)

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

I don't really like this "dancing around", if Windows changes the drive letter again, I'll just stick an old memory stick in the same computer to align it... :)

Dmitriy2:

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

I don't really like this 'dancing around' stuff, if Windows changes the drive letter again I'd rather stick an old memory stick in a drive letter... :)

My advice with batnicks solves this problem. The main thing there is that Z: should be a free letter...

Run batnyms before and after work I think it's not a problem (path there is relative anyway and doesn't depend on what drive the flash drive itself is signed into).

In principle, you can not remove the virtual drive (will disconnect itself after rebooting the computer), but still better to use the removal of virtual drive before disconnecting the flash drive ...

Also encountered this problem.

I copied the folder to another computer without internet and can't see the graphs, although the history is there.

Rinder:

Also encountered this problem.

I copied the folder to another computer without internet and can't see the charts, although the history is there.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

I tried to use the Internet but the tester did not work without it.

Renat, 2010.08.18 15:44

Did you connect to your account at least once after you transferred the folder to another computer and ticked the checkbox to remember your account before testing?

The point is that the terminal stores account information in a computer-dependent manner and this information is lost when you transfer it to another computer. This is done to avoid account theft.