A tester without internet does not work. - page 2

Renat:

We are fighting exactly against this kind of account theft, where configuration files are copied and run on other computers.

It is understandable. But it is possible to simply open charts and work without using a connection to the server. Without the password it will be impossible to steal anything, but it will be possible to work on such a terminal (except for trading operations). Here's what you want. If you want to trade and use possibilities of your trading account - enter password. No password - work offline without using trading account information.

joo:
This is understandable. But you can just open charts and work without using a server connection. It would be impossible to steal anything without a password, but it would be possible to work on such a terminal (except for trading operations). Here's what I want to do.
Just click "Cancel" in the login window and work offline.

Renat:

That's right - you're running it on a different computer.

Passwords and personal information are computer-encrypted, so they are not available when transferred to another computer. We are fighting exactly against this kind of account theft, when configuration files are copied and run on other computers.

Well, how can a flash drive be copied if I take it out and put it in my pocket...?

Renat:
Simply press 'Cancel' in the login window and work offline.
If you press cancel, the chart will not open.

Dmitriy2:

Well, how will they copy from the flash drive if I take it out and put it in my pocket...?

Is it really hard to transfer the thought "if there is computer encryption decoupling for the flash drive" to "then it means complete decoupling from the protection"?

Besides, flash drive protection is utter nonsense and self-defeating. It's the easiest way to lose your accounts with a flash drive, by either misplacing the flash drive or unknowingly allowing others to copy it. Lots of companies (banks) are happy to give away flash drives "with keys" and compromise customer security. But this is understandable - the flash drive solution is an economical option.

Security can only be strengthened, not simplified.

joo:
If you press cancel, the chart will not open.
Charts open normally offline if there is history on the disc.

joo:
Если нажать отмена, чарт не откроется.

And the charts will open and testing will start, provided the history exists on the disc.

Renat:

Also, flash drive protection is utter folly and self-defeating. The easiest way to lose an account with a flash drive is to lose it...

Please explain how you can so lose your account?

Elementary, I call my broker (brokerage company), I ask to block my account, then I change the password and that's it... Money in THIS interval can be withdrawn ONLY to my account...

"! Or unknowingly letting others copy it"

This is no longer a constructive dialogue... It's easier to "unknowingly" immediately say the password and account number or just give money to someone who "unknowingly" demands something...

"But it's understandable - the flash drive solution is an economical option."

I have already written that "secure option" (according to you) comes out when there is no PHYSICAL possibility (due to huge amount of time) to enter passwords to dozen of accounts constantly and then users have only to FORCE to keep copies of mt with saved passwords on different computers, respectively with HIGHER risk of unauthorized access to the account. At home and at work, for example, these are elementary, common and not far-fetched examples.

"Security can only be strengthened, not simplified in any way."

And where would I have to save 10-20 passwords(for example)? Write them down on a piece of paper and carry them around? And if I lose them?

Security can be strengthened, but not to the detriment of the user!

Dmitriy2:

How can I lose my account in such a way?

Elementary, I call the broker (brokerage company), ask to block the account, then I change the password and that's it... Money in THIS interval can be withdrawn ONLY to my account...

This is no longer a constructive dialogue... It's easier to "unknowingly" immediately tell the password and account number or just give money to someone who "unknowingly" demands something...

That's the practice.

When a trader answers "someone has stolen my accounts and made losing trades" with "the paragraph so-and-so, the contract so-and-so requires you to take full care of password security, so we will not cancel transactions", the trader may remember "it's your software's fault - it saves passwords and lets you carry them even on a flash drive" very quickly.

It has happened more than once. That is why brokers are perfectly reasonable in demanding maximum security.

And where am I supposed to save 10-20 passwords (for example)? Write them down on a piece of paper and carry them around? And if I lose them?

That's your problem - you have to take care of your passwords.

If you work at the same computer, we do our best to make you feel comfortable about saving your passwords. But if you start changing jobs, we immediately turn off the ability to move your saved profiles. This makes perfect sense. Especially on the scale of the distribution of our trading terminals.

Dmitriy2:

How can I lose my account in such a way?

Elementary, I call the broker (brokerage company), ask to block the account, then I change the password and that's it... Money in THIS interval can be withdrawn ONLY to my account...

This is no longer a constructive dialogue... It's easier to "unknowingly" immediately say the password and account number or just give money to someone who "unknowingly" demands something...

"But it's understandable - the flash drive solution is an economical option."

I have already written that "secure option" (according to you) comes out when there is no PHYSICAL possibility (due to huge amount of time) to enter passwords to dozen of accounts constantly and then users have only to FORCE to keep copies of mt with saved passwords on different computers, respectively with HIGHER risk of unauthorized access to the account. At home and at work, for example, these are elementary, common and not far-fetched examples.

"Security can only be strengthened, not simplified in any way."

And where would I have to save 10-20 passwords(for example)? Write them down on a piece of paper and carry them around? And if I lose them?

Security can be strengthened, but not to the detriment of the user!

Guys, buy a laptop, wear it at work or wherever and don't bother with these flash drives and other people's computers, the only drawback is that it's a bit heavy to wear it all the time, but I'm used to it now.