Installation of MetaTrader 5 - page 2

No one is arguing ;-). All we have to do is state the facts.

Renat:

ps: include other people's problems in your proposals or criticism - it will give you a broader view of the problem and can fundamentally change the opinion

Exactly. Have you tried to address these words of yours to yourself? Take a broader view from the perspective of end users and understand their problems? It is possible to do this without infringing on the interests of the server side. But you have a one-sided approach - either "yours" or "ours". Are there no compromises anymore? Now you have put yourself in the middle and the trader is bypassed, i.e. you have done "as he would like", depending on your problems.

No one disputes that there are difficulties in distributing and generating such volumes. But your company - if it wants to - is in a position to solve them in a way (several) convenient for all.

Please elaborate on what you mean by customization of the distribution. I have not seen any information that the distribution differs in any way other than the version of the operating system.

Please re-read all my answers in this thread again.

We didn't just make a compromise, but a very effective and convenient tool.

The webinstaller issue really comes down to only "I don't like webinstaller because webinstaller". This is a perfectly understandable psychological attitude of "advanced users", which is a couple of orders of magnitude weaker than the overall benefits received at the scale of hundreds of thousands of users.

Renat:

Please re-read all my answers in this thread again.

We have not just made a compromise, but a very effective and convenient tool.

Well, what is there to say. I won't suggest that you reread my posts ;-) - Their point is that there is no compromise, whatever you call it.

Clarify exactly what needs to be reread and for what purpose. If it relates to answering my question about personalisation, I only see mention of 500 versions. If it's broker versions, I wouldn't call it personalisation, well that's a matter of terms - there's certainly nothing to argue about. Much more important is how these versions differ. I don't know your kitchen, so I can only speculate that each of these 30 megabytes must differ a couple of lines (somewhere stitched) - with a broker's name and server settings. Is this the case? That was the question.

So you are not at all familiar with the subject of distributions (although plenty of hints have been given), but you demand that we (who have been in practice preparing and distributing them for the past 10 years) do distributions the way you think we should?

I try to be comprehensive enough to tell and explain what we do, but this is clearly too much.

Renat:

So you are not at all familiar with the subject of distributions (although plenty of hints have been given), but you demand that we (who have been in practice preparing and distributing them for the past 10 years) do distributions the way you think we should?

I try to be comprehensive enough to tell and explain what we do, but this is clearly too much.

Let's not talk about who knows what and how much about anything? Otherwise, you will again find my expressions to be disrespectful to you, while you quite calmly allow yourself to be disrespectful to me. Quantity does not always translate into quality.

If anyone sees any "clues" - let me know, you can take it to you in private, since it's such a secret.

Renat:

.... but require us (who have spent the last 10 years in practice preparing and distributing them) to do distributions the way you think?

sorry - couldn't resist....

so you think your 10 years of experience preparing distributions is sufficient reason to insist that your decisions are correct?

why don't you take into account my 5+ years of MT programming experience (not to mention general programming experience), when I talk about styler, zorder, offline installer, many things I won't even talk about, knowing beforehand, that you will dismiss them?

In the case of the same styler was a solution: you have made your own formatting, and for others promised to make it possible to format as they used to. What is the problem with installers? If you want to develop your own network, be my guest, but they want to make at least one more of your "private" servers, without any mirrors, which will host the latest off-line builds of all types of terminals (32, 64, linux, ....). What - is it such a costly undertaking that you can't set up copying from your CVS-a!!!

Yeah, sure, I get it... you're a serious company... you've thought of everything, .... about all the technicalities, .... but you don't think about the people "on the other side" very well for them.... you stopped "making compromises", you started "making us happy" (from "Moscow-Cassiopeia" and "Kill the Dragon")...

sorry again....

Renat:

I try to be fairly comprehensive and explain what we do, but this is clearly too much.

You've already boasted about 20 years of experience of your programmers, but they, though implementing a language very much like C++ with limitations, don't know C++ itself well enough, which I accidentally found out and demonstrated.

That's why attempts to refer to years of experience lead to an inverse result, while you keep referring to it.

If you analyze just the first couple of messages in this thread, you will see that people only want to have an off-line version of the distribution. How could this result be achieved with minimal effort, based on current realities?

Leave everything as it is - web-installer, CDN project with distributed distribution and everything else, but add to web-installer option to download and put off-line distributive version into specified folder (maybe even with possibility to set bit rate - 32/64). After all, the web-installer still does all this when you run it on a "clean" machine, but puts the off-line version where it decides; it runs the actual installation itself, and then deletes the downloaded files.

If you have ever installed CygWin, you have come across the proposed solution. In the CygWin installer, among other things, you can choose to do three things

• download and install
  • just download to a local folder and install nothing.
  • install from a local folder into which the download was previously made.
This solution does not break your system in any way, it just adds flexibility and functionality for the user and requires minimal effort to add to it.

simpleton:
This solution does not break your system in any way, it just adds flexibility and functionality for the user and requires minimal effort to add to it.

+1000000000000000

Renat:

We have made not just a compromise, but a very efficient and user-friendly solution.

...which satisfies you and a great many (but not all) other users in the first place. But what you're offered to do/satisfy everyone! Feel the difference (as they say in commercials)...

I perfectly understand that you don't really need any offline installer. But you really need to express your dissatisfaction and disagreement in principle. And only in theoretical terms, without even understanding the essence of the problems.

Remember, our product is called MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal, not MetaQuotes Installer for Developers.

Renat:
I'm well aware that you don't really need any offline installer.

Rinat, don't think for us all - you're not good enough for that ;)

I have long since grown out of the age when I "really need to voice my displeasure and principled disagreement". If you read my "displeasure" carefully, you will see that all my displeasure begins with a request to do something, which you usually don't even discuss. You don't accept explanations on the essence of the problem, but immediately impose your solution as the "easiest and most effective".

Check out my first post in this thread. I started looking for an offline installer at the request of a trader who couldn't install mt5 with your web installer!!!!

Simpleton suggested the perfect solution. But instead of discussing it in essence and explaining to us why it can't be done for you, you did what you accuse me of - instead ofdiscussing it, you went into condemnation. Just one letter missing in the word and what a difference in meaning it made :))