Errors, bugs, questions - page 3083

Please advise. After installing OS10, the terminal is not working properly. It's freezing. Uninstalled it, downloaded it again. It won't open at all. What could it be?

Dmitry Kulikov #:
Help please. After OS10 has been installed, the terminal is not working properly. The terminal hangs. Uninstalled it, downloaded it again. It won't open at all. What could it be?

Windows 10 is a good operating system. If you haven't compiled your code in a while, the terminal may start recompiling in the background. Check the Task Manager. Also make sure the data is correct:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Very Glitchy MetaTrader

Vladimir Karputov, 2021.03.16 04:20

If you have a question, first of all you should show the first three lines from the 'Journal' tab

(select these lines, copy to the clipboard and paste into the message using the button Code). It should look like this:

2021.03.16 05:13:07.133 Terminal        MetaTrader 5 x64 build 3003 started for MetaQuotes Software Corp.
2021.03.16 05:13:07.134 Terminal        Windows 10 build 19042, Intel Core i7-9750 H  @ 2.60 GHz, 26 / 31 Gb memory, 842 / 947 Gb disk, IE 11, UAC, GMT+2
2021.03.16 05:13:07.134 Terminal        C:\Users\barab\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075

Good afternoon. Can you tell me what the problem could be. When optimising an Expert Advisor. It is very good in the beginning, the first 8-10 passes give the results, but then it starts giving zeros. I have tried to decrease the number of passes, the result is the same. In this case, if I run a single test on a pass where it shows zero results, everything is normal.

Dmitriy Skub #:

There is something wrong again in the last build of MT5 3036

2021.09.08 20:02:01.670 XXXXXXXXX invalid EX5 file (7)

Bild 3037 - same thing. Compiled EA does not start. We are waiting for 3038.

It feels like EVERYONE is a beta tester...

Particularly surprising are those who work seriously with both the terminal and the tester...

No, I understand that testers are needed! Especially competent and aware of what is going on! ... But the feeling that absolutely EVERYONE is sitting on the batcave doesn't go away.

Sorry...

sllallom #:

Good afternoon. Can you tell me what the problem could be. When optimising an Expert Advisor. It is very good in the beginning, the first 8-10 passes give the results, but then it starts giving zeros. I have tried to decrease the number of passes, the result is the same. In this case, if I run a single test on a pass where it shows zero results, everything is normal.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

sllallom #:
Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

presumably not enough RAM

Сергей Таболин #:

It feels like EVERYONE is a beta tester...

Particularly surprising are those who work seriously with both the terminal and the tester...

No, I understand that testers are needed! Especially competent and aware of what is going on! ... But the feeling that absolutely EVERYONE is sitting on the batcave doesn't go away.

Sorry...

On our MetaQuotes-Demo we test beta versions daily, which makes sense.

Renat Fatkhullin # :

On our MetaQuotes-Demo we test beta versions daily, which makes sense.

Renat, you know very well that you are also pushing the beta version through brokers.

Alain Verleyen #:
Renat, you know very well that you are also pushing the beta version through brokers.

The workload is large, there are a lot of operational parameters, I know that much is done without checking, checking every moment for all the nuances is tantamount to standing still.