Errors, bugs, questions - page 2923

Aleksey Mavrin:

MT5 build 2715.

Default profile, saved earlier with lots of charts etc. is replaced with some lefty one, apparently the default one.

After another update of Windows 10, performed by it forcibly while MT5 Terminal is running.

No, it's not. It's like this:

What the hell?!? How can software allow user saved profiles to be deleted/changed to defaults?!!!

Fix it URGENTLY!!!

Aleksey Mavrin:

MT5 build 2715.

Default profile, saved earlier with lots of charts etc. is replaced with some lefty one, apparently the default one.

After another update of Windows 10, forced by it while MT5 terminal is running.

Always make copies of what I need with non default names. Storing what I need in default locations with default names is not sensible.

Andrey Kaunov:

Good afternoon, please fix the Validator in the Market

Thank you, it's working.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Always make copies of what you need with non-default names. Storing what you need in default locations with default names doesn't make sense.

I agree with you. I do so on working builds. But when testing something new, I use default one until tests are completed, in order not to produce a bunch. And it is very annoying to recreate the work of several days from memory.

Besides it has no effect on MT4.

Aleksey Mavrin:

I agree. I do so on working builds. But when testing something new, I use default one until tests are completed, so as not to multiply the pile. And restoring several days work from memory is very stressful.

Also, it didn't affect MT4.

In the 90's on floppy disks, no screws, the last instance of code is paper. after a couple of times restoring from paper (floppy disks sometimes stopped reading) more than three meters of code learned to do exactly the right backups)))

fxsaber:
You need to quickly comment out code that already has /* */ inside of it.

How do I do it?

there is a standard combination of

ctrl + k + c (or ctrl + / here and there) comment out a block, each line //

ctrl + k + u to uncomment.

in ME comment seems to work, uncomment does not, I do not remember, the terminal is not at hand

Andrei Trukhanovich:

there is a standard combination of

ctrl + k + c (or ctrl + / here and there) comment out a block, each line //

ctrl + k + u uncomment.

in ME comment seems to work, uncomment does not, I do not remember, the terminal is not at hand

Works both. About this has already been written. The man asked the way that / * */ not to delete and do not remember where they were).

You can't read files from the sandbox in Tester 4? It doesn't work for me at all.

Aleksey Mavrin:

It works both ways. This has already been written about. The man asked for a way not to delete /* */ and not to remember where they were)

The condition is fulfilled completely.

fxsaber:
You can't read files from the sandbox in Tester4? It doesn't work for me at all.

you read from

terminal\MQL4\files\

it seems that in the tester you can only read from

terminal\tester\files\

there's a logic here - you can only read from the place you've written to...