Errors, bugs, questions - page 2072

fxsaber:

Just a suggestion.

I was merely making an alternative point of view. Also as a suggestion not to change anything, due to the fact that it may turn out to be "We wanted the best, but it turned out the same as always".

Let the developers decide, they know best...

But what I liked in the old ME and removed from the new, it opened in the tab of this very window "Tools" and was very convenient, press F1, read what you need, press Esc and close this window. Now the documentation is in a separate window, which is very inconvenient for me, but not to the extent that I can't complain against the developers. A person gets used to everything, but the good much faster:)))

Alexey Viktorov:

And what I liked in the old ME and removed from the new, it opened in the tab of this very window "Tools" and was very convenient, press F1, read what you need, press Esc and close this window. Now the documentation is in a separate window, which is very inconvenient for me, but not to the extent that I can't complain against the developers. A person gets used to everything, but the good much faster:)))

ALT+Tab is used. I appreciated the convenience of a separate window, when I needed to go back to the previously viewed F1 things in the help. And also it's a quick run through the Help Index. And search inside help using CTRL+F. Very useful, e.g. when searching for some particular enum or large example calling just the function you need.

Alexey Viktorov:

It unfolds anyway. I close this window after each compilation by pressing Esc and it unfolds again when compiling.

In my opinion this is more useful than full screen mode with the Tools window permanently open.

Hmmm... I hide the window by double clicking on its header. After hiding it this way, after compiling it won't maximize.

But if I Esc to minimize it, it unfolds after compilation.

I didn't know.

Alexey Viktorov:

What I liked in the old ME and removed from the new, it opened in the documentation tab of this very window "Tools" and was very convenient, just press F1 and read what you need, press Esc and close this window. Now the documentation is in a separate window, which is very inconvenient for me, but not to the extent that I can't complain against the developers. A person gets used to everything, but the good much faster:)))

Help opens on the second screen - it's convenient. But it was also unusual at first.

fxsaber:

ALT+Tab is used. I appreciated the convenience of a separate window, when I needed to go back to the previously viewed F1 things in help. And also it's a quick run through the Help Index. And search inside help using CTRL+F. Very useful, e.g. when searching for some particular enum or large example calling just the function you need.

ALT+Tab is inconvenient because 5-8 or more windows are opened, you have to use SHIFT+ALT+Tab, but you don't have enough left fingers to do it... You should have practiced playing the piano as a child to develop your fingers :)))

Alexey Viktorov:

ALT+Tab is inconvenient because I have 5-8 or more windows open, I have to use SHIFT+ALT+Tab, which I can't do with fingers of my left hand... I should have learnt to play the piano as a child, to develop my fingers :)))

Press F1 in ME and then ALT+Tab (no need to hold it down). Between ME and Chrome with this branch it is via ALT+Tab that I switch in both directions.

There are ~10 other application windows open.

fxsaber:

Press F1 in ME and then ALT+Tab (no need to hold it down). Between ME and Chrome with this branch it is via ALT+Tab that I switch in both directions.

There are ~10 other application windows open.

Thanks, maybe I'll get used to using it this way. Wasn't aware of this subtlety.

For some reason

ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_SHOW_OBJECT_DESCR,0,1);

does not disable the display of object descriptions. Neither zero nor one changes anything. The tooltips are shown anyway.

What can be the reason?

Viatcheslav Pashkov:

For some reason

does not disable the display of object descriptions. Neither zero nor one changes anything. The tooltips are shown anyway.

What could be the reason?

Don't confuse tooltips and descriptions.

The object description is drawn along with the object. Write some kind of descriptor for a trendline and see how it looks like

Alexey Khripunov:

Hello, there is this problem on Win XP in MT4 the alert does not close completely. In some versions it disappears after minimizing the terminal. I.e. it becomes "invisible" but the windows tree continues to exist. Because of this, Expert Advisors getting information from alerts glitch. If you try to close the window, it will still remain. How can I improve it?

Topical!