Errors, bugs, questions - page 1869

fxsaber:

This is a horse move!

When a change of account is detected, you memorise the new characteristics.

You can make it into a small library along the lines of what's here(macros). Then the "crooked" stuff won't be a nuisance.

Thanks for the answers) I don't know how to do it) it's easier to use a sickle on ...

and then re-run the indicator)

rozline:

Gentlemen! I apologise profusely for writing at all. But I need help, as they say ASAP.

I have a terminal error, it has stopped connecting custom indicators and EAs.

Log like this

2017.04.20 18:18:59.764 Custom Indicator loading of AD (@Si,H1) failed

Also on the same day! 99% of custom ind. and EAs stopped opening, one works for some reason

fxsaber:

This is a horse move!

When an account change is detected, remember the new characteristics.

You can make it into a small library along the lines of what's here(macros). Then the "crooked" stuff won't be a nuisance.

That's why I don't like libraries, that they have to be dragged behind each program, and if someone needs to share a file with, then the library must be given, which is extremely uncomfortable and crooked.

And another question - we started the indicator at 5, and then switched to a broker with 4. What will happen to the indicator? Shouldn't it be recalculated? Because the values of the used prices will be completely different.

I think it is a mistake.

kaus_bonus:

And another question - we started the indicator at 5, and then switched to a broker with 4. What will happen to the indicator? Shouldn't it be recalculated? Because the values of the used prices will be completely different.

I think it is a glitch.

I think it's a bug. MT5 doesn't have 4-digit quotes. And if in MT4, it is better in such cases to use not predefined variables, but SymbolInfoDouble, for example.
SymbolInfoDouble - Получение рыночной информации - Справочник MQL4
  • docs.mql4.com

Alexey Viktorov:
there is no 4-digit quotes in mt5.

replace 5 and 4 digits with 3 and 2 digits. example - XAUUSD at alpari (3 digits) and fxopen (2 digits). change broker - no reason to recalculate the indicator.

you live in a different universe, apparently. insta still has 4 digits on mt5.

kaus_bonus:

replace 5 and 4 digits with 3 and 2 digits. example - XAUUSD at alpari (3 digits) and fxopen (2 digits). change broker - no reason to recalculate the indicator.

I'm not interested in gold or anything else, it's just that you're in a different universe.

That's for sure... In our universe it is not only not considered a broker but even a decent office.

I was not interested in gold and did not know, thanks for the information. It turns out that in MT5 too it's better to use functions rather than predefined variables.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
That's why I don't like libraries, because you have to drag them behind every program, and if you need to share a file with someone, you have to give them a library, which is very uncomfortable and crooked.
You put a library in the kodobase and link to it next to #include.

Slava:

Copying simple structures was forced due to lack of unions.

There will be normal unions very soon

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

New version of MetaTrader 5 build 1595 platform: access to price history

fxsaber, 2017.04.21 14:26

It is impossible to write this with union
template <typename T1, typename T2>
void Copy( T1 &ObjectDst, const T2 &ObjectSrc )
{
   ObjectDst = (T1)ObjectSrc;
}

fxsaber:
And it shouldn't be possible