Errors, bugs, questions - page 1744

fxsaber:

Just don't understand why different names? That's how I use it.

this.SetProperty(OBJPROP_XSIZE, (int)CHARTOBJECT::GetProperty(CHART_WIDTH_IN_PIXELS)); // Ширина объекта по оси X в пикселях
this.SetProperty(OBJPROP_YSIZE, (int)CHARTOBJECT::GetProperty(CHART_HEIGHT_IN_PIXELS)); // Ширина объекта по оси Y в пикселях

I didn't understand the example.

I didn't look at it carefully at first, I thought you only had an overload on the return value. And if it's an argument too, then it's ok. I don't know what you're talking about, then. I couldn't find original posts, where quotes are taken from, in this thread.

Alexey Navoykov:

Because you can't overload by type of return value.

And logically, you have to somehow specify which function to call anyway. Wouldn't it be more logical to specify this type in the function name? Actually there is no other way to do it. The template option would not work here, well, actually, we would have to do some more dancing around in the middle of nowhere.

I gave you the working code - it works without any problems.

fxsaber:
Brought you a working code - works without any problems.
Yes, I jumped to conclusions )

Eugene Myzrov:
When you try to delete an indicator, EA or script from the "Navigator" window, MT4 asks you to confirm the deletion. So, no matter what you are trying to delete (indicator, Expert Advisor or script), the text of the question does not change.
Expert Advisor is a generalizing name for Indicator, Expert Advisor and Script. It is not clear why Expert Advisors are called Expert Advisors in the Navigator. This in itself is very confusing

A100Expert Advisor is a common name for Indicator, Expert Advisor and Script. It is not clear why in the Navigator Expert Advisors are called Expert Advisors. This in itself is very confusing

Actually, the more general term is "SCRIPT", as it has historically been. The developers also use this name in a broad sense, so it is not clear why "Expert Advisors" are involved...

Eugene Myzrov:

Actually, the more general term is "SCRIPT", as it has historically been. The developers also use this name in a broad sense, which is why it is not clear what "Expert" has to do with it...

All that remains is to hear the version that "indicator" is considered a more general term. :)
"Expert" and "Expert Advisor" in MQ terminology mean the same thing, just one in the English version and the other in Russian.

An EA is a programme that can perform trading actions.

Expert Advisor, indicator and script are conditional division of programmes according to their performance and capabilities - this is how these types of programmes are divided in the MT navigator tree, by the way.

As far as I know, a program that has trading functions is called EA.

Andrey Dik:

An EA is a programme that can perform trading actions.

Expert Advisor, indicator and script are conditional division of programmes according to their performance and capabilities - this is how these types of programmes are divided in the MT navigator tree, by the way.

As far as I know, a program that has trading functions is called EA.

Short for expert adviser

BlackTomcat: The only thing left to hear is the version that "indicator" is considered a more general term. :) "Expert" and "Expert Advisor" in MQ terminology mean the same thing, just one in the English version and the other in Russian.
All that remains is to hear the developers' version. What is this, a simple negligence and will be fixed in the next build, or it was done intentionally, then it would be more suitable something neutral, such as a file. Then the warning would sound less intimidating:"Do you really want to delete the file <DONCHIAN Indicator>?

Eugene Myzrov:
will be fixed in the next build.
Optimist. I posted the same picture a year ago - 'next build' is still not here