Errors, bugs, questions - page 1675

BlackTomcat:
Yesterday we discussed it, page 1687. :) But you better read this post on the 1686th page: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/1111/page1686#comment_2790746 By the way, the man answered your question. It just turns out that the scheme is like this. The request to call the indicator goes to the Terminal. I.e. the Expert Advisor or the script doesn't call the indicator directly, the terminal acts as an intermediary. The terminal checks if this indicator already exists with the specified parameters. If so, it returns the program, that has called the indicator, a handle (link) to the already existing indicator. And in its terminal subsoil it marks in the counter that there was another call of this indicator. In other words, it records how many handles were returned for this indicator. When someone makes the IndicatorRelease, it doesn't mean that others who called the same indicator with the same parameters don't need this indicator anymore. Therefore, the Terminal decreases the counter by one, but leaves the indicator active, because someone else uses it. This will continue until the counter is zeroed. When the counter is zeroed, the Terminal will permanently delete the indicator from the RAM.
If you try to create a code that will contain IndicatorRelease, but won't call the indicator itself, you won't compile it, because you have to pass a handle to IndicatorRelease, but if you don't call indicator from program, you won't get handle.

Unfortunately, on inspection it turned out to be all speculation. If there is an internal counter, it doesn't work the way you described.

I wrote an indicator that fills its buffer randomly. I call this indicator through iCustom with the same input parameters from different places (MT5). I get completely different buffer values! Or there is a bug in MT5 and the indicators do not work as it is announced.

MT4. Setting the colour clrNONE to the indicator buffer DRAW_ARROW sets it to black instead of no colour. This has happened before, and here it is again...

What's the point of putting clrNONE on the arrow buffer? You could just put the DRAW_NONE style...

Alexey Kozitsyn- the user does not have this option

OFF: Is the forum broken? It's supposed to be broken on weekends...

Alexander Puzanov:
Alexey Kozitsyn- user has no such possibility

OFF: Forum broke down? It's supposed to crash on weekends...

The user can be given a choice of DRAW_ARROW and DRAW_NONE...

Yes, couldn't quote it either...

Alexey Kozitsyn:
What is the point of setting clrNONE to the arrow buffer? You can just put the DRAW_NONE style...
Question for indicator users?
If a person wants to disable the display of arrows of any buffer, how do they do this in the settings?
I have been asked by many people to make it so that when a transparent colour is selected in the settings, it is absent rather than black.
Previously, setting the colour as clrNone in the settings resulted in hiding the arrows displayed by the indicator buffer, which is set to no colour.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

The user can be given a choice of DRAW_ARROW and DRAW_NONE...

Yes, couldn't quote either...

There are different methods to bypass the normal breakdown, but it's a bug, which is what I reported.

Artyom Trishkin:
Question for indicator users?
If a person wants to disable the display of arrows of any buffer, how do they do this in the settings?
I have been asked by many people to make it so that when a transparent colour is selected in the settings, it is absent rather than black.
Previously, setting the colour as clrNone in the settings resulted in the arrows being hidden by the indicator buffer being set to no colour.

If it used to be like this, that's fine. More precisely, convenient.

If one wants to disable arrows displaying and the developers don't correct it, one can set "show/not show" flag in inputs and implement it as DRAW_ARROW/DRAW_NONE, as I said before.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

If it used to be like this, that's fine. More precisely, it is convenient.

If one wants to disable showing arrows and the developers won't correct it, then, as I said, one can put "show/not show" flag in input, and implement as DRAW_ARROW/DRAW_NONE.

There are various methods to bypass the default breakdown, but this is the bug I reported.

Artyom Trishkin:
There are various methods of getting around the state breakdown, but it's a mistake, which is what I reported.
Yes, I saw)