Errors, bugs, questions - page 1632

A100:

The Test.ex5 expert cannot call anything (point 2), because by the time the script runs, it is already unloaded beforehand,

i.e. step 3 is obviously before step 1

Below is the result of the Test.ex5 script

2016.08.08 02:21:25.979 Test (EURUSD,M15) 120-136

...and should be "OK"

Thanks for the message. Corrected.

The expert has nothing to do with it. The problem was in different size of chart comment request buffers for different versions of ChartGetString function.

Hello! In the MT4 terminal the graphical layout has disappeared over the last few months. What could be the reason? Is there any way to restore the markup?

Denys Sokolov:
Hello! In the MT4 terminal the graphical layout has disappeared over the last few months. What could be the reason? Is there any way to restore the markup?
Can you provide more details? What kind of markup? Please insert screenshots in your message.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/charts/5585064/gbpusdm-d1-gerchik-and-co

The horizontal levels and rectangles are from the beginning of June, but the old markings are still there. In short, for some reason everything has fallen back to the May markup. And so on all 10 charts.

График GBPUSDm, D1, 2016.08.08 15:04 UTC, Gerchik and Co Ltd., MetaTrader 4, Real
График GBPUSDm, D1, 2016.08.08 15:04 UTC, Gerchik and Co Ltd., MetaTrader 4, Real
  • www.mql5.com
Символ: GBPUSDm. Период графика: D1. Брокер: Gerchik and Co Ltd.. Торговая платформа: MetaTrader 4. Режим торговли: Real. Дата: 2016.08.08 15:04 UTC.

Denys Sokolov:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/charts/5585064/gbpusdm-d1-gerchik-and-co

The horizontal levels and rectangles are from the beginning of June, but the old markings are still there. In short, for some reason everything has fallen back to the May markup. And so on all 10 charts.

You mean the horizontal lines? If so:

• find out which program (indicator or advisor) drew these lines
  • look in the code of this program - you will get the answer there - where lines have gone :)
  • Another possibility - you may have selected some lines and pressed the "Del" key on your keyboard - in other words, you have deleted the lines.

All horizontal lines were drawn manually. The option of accidental deletion is also excluded - the situation is the same for all 10 open charts. Another interesting thing is that I saved the templates today, but when I load them, the old chart remains.

Denys Sokolov:
Hello! In the MT4 terminal the graphic layout has disappeared over the last few months. What can be the reason for this? Is it possible to restore the marking?
Denys Sokolov:
All the horizontal lines have been drawn manually. The possibility of accidental deletion is also excluded - the situation is the same for all 10 open charts.

What have you been doing? Were you running indicators, scripts, EAs? Maybe you started the terminal as an administrator, and then, suddenly, as a normal user? In general, they do not disappear by themselves, someone on your computer has deleted these lines.

Did you update your operating system before? Was there a terminal update before that?

Added: And, more on the templates - more on.... What did you do, when did you save, when did you apply the templates...

Karputov Vladimir:

What have you been doing? Were you running indicators, scripts, EAs? Maybe you started the terminal as an administrator, and then, suddenly, as a normal user? In general, they do not disappear by themselves, someone on your computer has deleted these lines.

Did you update your operating system before? Was there a terminal update before that?

The answer to all the questions is "no, it's the same as usual", although antivirus may have something to do with it) Thanks for the help! Any advice on how else to avoid this situation in the future, saving templates doesn't help - they only load the old markup too.

Denys Sokolov:
The answer to all the questions is "no, everything was as usual", although the antivirus is catching something there, maybe it's related to that) Thanks for the help! Any other tips on how to avoid this situation in the future, saving templates doesn't help - they only load the old markup too.
So your templates have only saved the old markup. You probably didn't save the new markup to the template (you didn't resave the template).

Karputov Vladimir:

Added: And, more about the templates - more .... What you did, when you saved, when you applied the templates

I saved the templates today. After restarting the terminal the markup was gone, I tried loading the template I saved today, but it had no effect on the state of the chart