Errors, bugs, questions - page 1497

Karputov Vladimir:

What the question is, is the answer.

You should try to ask questions in an open-ended way.

Are you kidding or are you really like that?

What was the question about changing the time display on the forum that you don't understand?

ANY!!! common forums have a function to change the time display! Except this forum.

That's what the man asked.

Aleksandr Novikov:

Are you kidding or are you really like this?

What's not clear the man asked about changing the time display on the forum?

ANY!!! common forums have a function to change the time display! Except this forum.

So the person asked.

You're probably very fond of reading diagonally (i.e. seeing only the latest posts).

The question was originally asked:

And there could be plenty of answers to such a question.

Karputov Vladimir:

You're probably very keen on reading diagonally (i.e. seeing only the latest posts).

The original question was:

But there could be a lot of answers to such a question.

I only had 1 answer in mind - the answer above.

You have plenty, but for some reason you chose to answer sarcastically instead of asking a clarifying question!

Which once again confirmed your competence.

Karputov Vladimir:

You're probably very keen on reading diagonally (i.e. seeing only the latest posts).

The original question was:

And there could be plenty of answers to such a question.

What was the second original question?

If you do not solve the problem then why unsubscribe at all?

Your job is that if someone (and not one) complains about something then bring this position to higher people.

What good will it do you? Deleting messages with swear words?

Vasyl Nosal:
How do I change the GMT?
There is no such setting.

Karputov Vladimir:

There is no such setting.
I understand that. How do I make it appear?

Vasyl Nosal:
I got that. How do I make it appear?
You need to create an application in ServiceDesk with a detailed description of why you need it and why you can't do without it. The more detailed the justification, the more likely the application will be considered positively.

Question on the standard MT4 library.

Chart.mqh file

I want to open chart. I use method Open(const string symbol_name,const ENUM_TIMEFRAMES timeframe).

1. If you use an unavailable symbol, the ChartOpen() function will return error #4024 - internal error. No doubt, the error may be an internal one, but there is a much more exact error code - #4106 - an unknown symbol. Perhaps we should change the returned error code? Since 4024 doesn't tell the developer anything about where to look for the error.

2. In the case of failure, ChartOpen() assigns the value 0 to the m_chart_id field, i.e. it turns out that we start working with the current chart, but this is not correct, because we have failed to open the chart we need for work. Consequently, if we don't call the Detach() method, the current chart will simply close after work. I also think this is not the right approach. It would be better if the ChartOpen() function returned -1 in case of an error.

#property script_show_inputs

#include <Charts/Chart.mqh>
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Входные параметры                                                |
input string inpSymbol = "GBPCHF.t";
input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES inpPeriod = PERIOD_M5;
//| Script program start function                                    |
void OnStart()
  {
        CChart chart;
        if( chart.Open( inpSymbol, inpPeriod ) <= 0 )   // Пробуем открыть график по символу/периоду
                 Print( __FUNCTION__,": ОШИБКА #",_LastError,": график по "+inpSymbol+" не открыт!" );  // #4024

// Если график не будет открыт и не вызвать метод Detach() - закроется текущий график!
        chart.Detach();                                                                                 
  }

How do you change GMT? "It's a monument!" (c) GMT is Greenwich Mean Time

Slawa:
Slawa, good afternoon, can you comment on the library (question above)?