Errors, bugs, questions - page 1170

Fillellin:

Build 670, not working:

Not working.

Counter question. Do you know which charts this works for in five?

marketeer:
Is there any MQL4 Wizard, the analogue of MQL5 Wizard for generation of Expert Advisors, planned or existing somewhere? I am aware of the availability of third-party software. I'm interested in the MQ standard tools.
How is the MQL4 Wizard different from the MQL5 Wizard?

stringo:
How should an MQL4 Wizard be different from an MQL5 Wizard?
Not from the outside, not at all. The library will be different on the inside.

stringo:

A script is a one-time program that is executed once.

For cyclical actions, use EAs

Expert - by definition for trading. Scripts - for utilitarian actions. Moreover, if there is already a trading Expert Advisor on the chart, a script rewritten as an Expert Advisor is not applicable.

marketeer:
On the outside, nothing. Inside, the library will be different.

1. This is not, after all, a four forum, and this thread is about bugs, bugs and questions about five.

2. What does not suit the current master in relation to the four? Point by point. But in the profile forum

MQL4: форум по механическим торговым системам и тестированию стратегий
  • www.mql5.com
MQL4: форум по механическим торговым системам и тестированию стратегий

marketeer:
The Expert Advisor is for trading, by definition. Scripts - for utilitarian actions. Moreover, if there is already a trading Expert Advisor on the chart, a script rewritten as an Expert Advisor is not applicable.

So? The script can also be used for trading. What's more, that's what it was designed for. For example, to quickly close all open positions.

I repeat (it's also written in the documentation), the script is a one-time program. When you change the environment - the script terminates, since scripts, by definition, have no reinitialization mechanisms.

stringo:

So? The script can also be used for trading. What's more, that's what it was designed for. For example, to quickly close all open positions.

I repeat (it's also written in the documentation), the script is a one-time program. When you change the environment - the script terminates as scripts by definition have no reinitialization mechanisms

The question is not about what a script can be used for, but what it cannot be used for - creating program environments along with indicators, experts and objects.

When a script is thrown over a ready-made chart, is it initialised? How much harder is it to do the same when the chart has a symbol change?

stringo:

1. This is not a four forum and this thread is about bugs, bugs and questions about five.

2. What is not satisfied with the current master in relation to the four? To the point. But in the core forum

Well, you've been told to, so you've been told to. Judging by the content of this forum, the problems of the new MQL4 live here, and not on mql4.com. If there is a thread concerning the Wizard in MQL4, please provide a link to it, and not to the entire site. In particular, I'm not aware of any wizard - expert generator similar to 5. I must be behind the times.

stringo:

It doesn't work.

Counter question. Do you know which charts this works for in the five?

I don't use Five - I don't know!

Fillellin:
I don't use five - I don't know!

This property only applies to objects of type OBJECT_CHART, which is not yet implemented in 4.

You cannot remove the price and time scales from standard charts