Errors, bugs, questions - page 948

olyakish:

Afternoon

Can I run only 4 MT5 terminals on my computer at the same time?

... I guess there is not enough RAM on VPS ...

it depends on how you do it)

my terminal without an Expert Advisor is loading 120 Mb

If you already have 1 chart and EA up to 140 MB, you may use up to 64 MB of RAM (exaggeration), it will just clunk and VPS will frequently refer to your hard drive

It's weird here.

Terminal with everything disabled loads 86 meg, but used memory increases to about 220 meg in the system,

Although if I run mt4, it honestly takes 22 meters, and the occupied memory is also increased by this number.

Could it be that MT5 is using so many background services. I haven't found any other logical explanation for such devouring attitude to memory.

This is on vpc server 2003 x64

My laptop win7x64 is showing 125 MB memory usage in my processes and also increases by the same amount in my performance

What should I do on a server to make the memory used correspond to the really increased memory and not 2.5 times? both there and the build 787

... It's absurd because 1 gig of allocated RAM will somehow fit 3 terminals and the fourth one crashes due to an access violation.

olyakish:

Terminal with all disabled loads 86 meg, but occupied memory in the system grows by 220 meg or so,

Although if you run mt4, it honestly takes 22 meters, and occupied memory is also increased by this number.

How and where do you check memory usage? How much memory is allocated by the application?

... It doesn't make sense, since only 3 terminals can fit into 1 Gg of allocated RAM and the fourth one crashes because of access violation.

Better go to servicedesk with all details (logs, experts, indicators...)

alexvd:

How and where do you check memory usage? How much memory is allocated by the application?

Better go to Service Desk with all the details (logs, experts, indicators...)
You have provided links to videos in your personal files

alexvd:

Task Manager, Processes tab

Still, there's a little something wrong with the memory. Example. I have a script which asks for 1.5-2 years' worth of minutes, processes it and liquidates it. Everything is as usual. I need to run the script sequentially for 15-20 characters. Each run of the script eats away about 250 MB. And it is NOT freed after finishing its run, even after long time (dozens of minutes). I have to periodically shut down the terminal, wait 10-15 seconds for the memory to be freed and run it again. No, I understand, I have to keep history in RAM when Expert Advisor or script runs (in case it needs it again). But not always! The developer usually knows in advance if his or her creation will need some data array again. In view of the above, I am thinking of introducing some commands in the language to force the freeing of memory from large arrays of data (including the history of quotes) which are used only once.

My scripts will work, and 4-6 GB of unnecessary history will hang...

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Операторы / Оператор уничтожения объекта delete
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Операторы / Оператор уничтожения объекта delete
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Операторы / Оператор уничтожения объекта delete - Документация по MQL5

Thank you, we will double-check.

You have a strange attitude towards the terminal and resources.

A trading terminal does not have the task of saving resources when its main task is to work efficiently with huge amounts of data. Moreover, you can't complain that four copies of the number cruncher don't have enough gigabytes of memory in a VPS.

Renat: ...All the more reason not to complain that four copies of the number cruncher are short of a gig of memory in the VPS.
That's true! But resetting the consumption of unnecessary memory (by order) wouldn't hurt, though.

muallch:
That's true! But resetting consumption of unnecessary memory (by order) wouldn't hurt.

The terminal has a good cache reset system in place. But not all of them, for some of them are fundamentally working - if you've raised them, you're in for the long haul.

The task of the terminal is to work quickly and efficiently, not shrink into ridiculous amounts of memory. This is a class of programs that need to process huge amounts of data quickly.