Errors, bugs, questions - page 902

tol64:

On MetaQuotes-Demo for NZDUSD it is just starting from 1994. And onMIGBank-Demo it could be just as much as you saw on the chart.

Ah, well, here it is, the same server: FXCM-MT5Demo01. As you can see, it is neither the one nor the other, but some kind of third one.

x100intraday:
Ah, well, there it is, that server: FXCM-MT5Demo01. As you can see, it's neither one nor the other, but a third one.
Well, what do you mean by that? MQ is responsible if the server FXCM-MT5Demo01 does not have as much data as you need? You must ask the support team of the company whose server you connect to.

tol64:
What do you mean by that? MQ is guilty if the server FXCM-MT5Demo01 doesn't have as much data as you need? Ask the support team of the company whose server you connect to.

So what is the point of installing someone else's (or your own crooked) server with almost no history data in the distributive? Since time immemorial, it was always the case that you download MT, and it already has everything you need to create a full-fledged demo account and more. Of course, you may think that this is for the lazy ones. Well, beginners are not lazy, but what do they get when they download this annoying oversight? And how long will it take until they find out by hook or by crook, that somewhere can be pasted something else and where to find this other? Many people simply don't have enough patience at the initial stage, to say nothing of wider and deeper mastering of the terminal...

While I would not classify it as something horrifying, for me it's a lyric from the category of another flaw in the mass of others, found from build to build.

x100intraday:

So what is the point of installing someone else's (or your own crooked) server, which has almost no history data? Since time immemorial, it was always the case that you download MT, and it already has everything you need to create a full-fledged demo account and more. Of course, you may think it's for the lazy ones. Well, beginners are not lazy, but what do they get when they download this annoying oversight? And how long will it take until they find out by hook or by crook, that somewhere can be pasted something else and where to find this other? Many people simply don't have enough patience at the initial stage, let alone a wider and deeper mastering of the terminal...

While I wouldn't classify it as something horrifying, it's just another one of many bugs you see from build to build.

Different companies may have their own depth for this or that character. It appears that there is little data on NZDUSD, while there may be more for other symbols. In general, as far as I know, the list of servers seems to have by default only MetaQuotes-Demo server and all the more is entered by the user there. At the same time the search for the server of the required company is so simplified that it is enough to start typing the name of a company and a list of possible matches will be offered in relation to the typed characters. So you probably added FXCM-MT5Demo01 server to the list yourself some time ago and forgot about it. ))) Well, or you downloaded the installation file from them and it already had their default server.

The joke about today's children not knowing where milk comes from is getting a new colouring. Now you can make jokes about traders too.

tol64:

Different companies may have different depths for a particular symbol. This one turned out to have little data on NZDUSD, while other symbols may have more. In general, as far as I know, in the list of servers there seems to be only MetaQuotes-Demo server by default, and anything more is entered by the user there. At the same time the search for the server of the required company is so simplified that it is enough to start typing the name of a company and a list of possible matches will be offered in relation to the typed characters. So you probably added FXCM-MT5Demo01 server to the list yourself some time ago and forgot about it. ))) Well, or you downloaded the installation file from them and it already had their default server.

That's categorically!!! exclusive. Half a day ago I installed XP SP3, .NET Framework and other native stuff, then immediately rushed to install MT5 cleanly (not update as on the old OS). I downloaded not 740, but 730 build for some reason. I couldn't enter any text by accident or on purpose - I don't suffer from such neuroses, and I'd never even dream of typing in such a pretentious server name. I thought the point was clear from the start: everything had been reinstalled, from the OS to the terminal. Which begs the question: how did someone else's strange server with questionable usability fit into yet another default distribution...? It's still a mystery to me, because, as rightly pointed out: " as far as I know, the only server in the list of servers seems to be MetaQuotes-Demo by default". By the way, from the old OS I gave two server names in "New Account Registration" of the terminal, but in case of a fresh installation there is only one and unrecognizable. I downloaded the MT5 installation file, of course, as usual, directly from here (link at the bottom of the forum"Download MetaTrader 5").

x100intraday:

I could not have entered anything, either accidentally or deliberately - I do not suffer from such neuroses, and I would not have entered such a fancy server name in my stupid head. I thought the point was clear from the start: everything had been re-installed, from OS to terminal. Which begs the question: how did someone else's strange server with questionable usability fit into yet another default distribution...? It's still a mystery to me, because, as rightly pointed out: " as far as I know, the only server in the list of servers seems to be MetaQuotes-Demo by default". By the way, from the old OS I gave two server names in "New Account Registration" of the terminal, but in case of a fresh installation there is only one and unrecognizable. I downloaded the MT5 installation file, of course, as usual, directly from here (link at the bottom of the forum"Download MetaTrader 5").

Since some time, the distribution downloaded from the MetaQuotes server may be pre-installed by default with the server of any interested firm (advertising is an MQ revenue item).

Ashes:
Since some time, the server of any interested company may be pre-installed by default in the distribution download from the MetaQuotes server(advertising is MQ's revenue stream).

Thank you. At least someone has made a fool out of it.

However, the name of the demo server, which is difficult to read, makes it impossible to understand what kind of company it is and what its competitiveness is. And what's more this under-story. It looks more like anti-advertising.

I have a question about the sinput modifier. It needs clarification.

Do I understand correctly that by setting this modifier for the input parameter it is excluded from the optimization, but manually you can set the value not only in the tester but also on the graph?

The point is that now, when the program is on the chart, it is impossible to set the value manually for the parameter with the sinput modifier. The parameter is locked for changes. Was it meant to be like this or is it a bug? It seems that before it was possible to change...

This is a temporary bug, already fixed and will be available in the official build this week. So far only a beta version has been released on our demo server.