Errors, bugs, questions - page 695

No exotic variations with NAN values and other nonsense that most audiences don't understand.

Everything is simple and straightforward. Tics come in, we study the bar. If they don't come, let them pass. It may not be shown on the chart. OHLC = 0.

It costs a couple of processor cycles to calculate the comparison operation - nothing!

The gain in naturalness and conceptuality of the platform for a human is colossal!

notused:

Lack of missed bars is not a crutch.

The 11th Ukrainian Exchange stock (DOEN) by turnover today (start 10:30, stop 17:30):

I'm horrified to see a chart with dodges and the pudgyness of all the tech analysis tools.

The 0-volume bar is a synthetic construction - there is no need to take such constructions as a basis for all.

And what fool invented the bar chart, crosses zeros and basta, all the rest is from the evil one.

ZZY Renat you are sort of sitting on two stools, both wobbly. And you don't have crosses and zeros, and the bars are cut without a clock generator.

notused:

Lack of missed bars is not a crutch.

Ukrainian Exchange's 11th highest turnover today (DOEN) (start 10:30, stop 17:30):

Exchange gives out ticks! TICKS! Bars based on ticks can be built based on any logic at all. You see? By any logic.

It's not that the bars do not correspond to reality. What bars with holes or without holes are all built from a tick story. Moreover, one can move from the bars with and without holes to any side, and there will be no loss of price information.

The matter is that synchronization of multibars (transition of bars with holes to bars without holes) in the multicurrency terminal has to be performed at each pass in the optimizer. It kills the optimization in the root for such systems.

And the tick volume is an unknown value. There is a total bar turnover, which is given by the exchange (as in your example).

Well, if you dig deeper into the question, the tester simply lies, giving the opening price of a bar at the time of opening (as an actual).

What do exchanges, FOREX, other platforms with the same crutches, etc. have to do with it! It's just a matter of platform logic. Just like it's a question of platform logic to enter virtual positions or not.

hrenfx:

Speak for your systems, but to justify your crutches by claiming that other systems have the same crutches is nonsense. There are systems where such crutches do not exist. Yes, they are not as popular as MT4 - here you have a very cool and well-deserved win, but they do exist. We do not have such crutches - here you have won very well and deservedly so. The only thing they do not have is popularity. You are out of competition here at the moment.

Be more specific - they're the ones with crutches made to suit individual cases. Display such a crutch in public and you will be immediately ridiculed and then trampled.

All other known and used systems are like ours.

The people who give you reasonable ideas and arguments here are not trying to mock MT5, calling it crap and the other systems great. They are genuinely campaigning for MT5 to be the most user friendly and well thought out platform possible.

I understand everything perfectly. That is exactly why I am communicating.

I understand just as well where good intentions lead. Very often - straight to death and direct errors. Fortunately, the amount of experience I have gained and mistakes I have made allows me to steer clear of good advice.

Renat:

Be more specific - they are the ones who have crutches made on a case-by-case basis. Bring such a crutch out in public and they will be laughed at and then trampled on.

I don't get it. Can you make your point clearer?

Renat
What was your purpose in introducing the five digits?

Urain и hrenfx

I'm sure the two of you can have an excellent conversation with yourselves.

I don't see the point of my involvement in this sprawling flam. Unfortunately, there is no useful information anymore, and I'm not interested in doing useless work.

Renat:

Unfortunately, there is no more useful information, and I am not interested in doing useless work.

Nothing constructive has been said, only a veil of mystery over the impossibility of implementation. There are plenty of people here who read this thread but do not speak out so that the point does not get lost in the flame.

I cannot be sure what to do, but if you do, you can ask every MT4 and MT5 person on the forums to comment on the subject. Probably, only three or four people really see the problem. The rest do not care.

And you, representing Metaquotes, have once again demonstrated your inability to be a constructive interlocutor and demonstrate your disregard for solid, clear arguments.

P.S. The 418th build of MT4 shows how responsible to users the company's attitude has become.

Renat:

I'm sure the two of you can have a great conversation with yourselves.

I don't see the point of my involvement in this sprawling flam. Unfortunately, no useful information is already available, and I'm not interested in doing useless work.

If two people agree one of them is redundant.

I'm just curious to change your mind.

If there are X's and Z's at one end of the non-recoverable single-currency compression, and a fully multi-currency storage system at the other end, then the MT5 system is in the middle. It's no longer a crosses, but it's also not a multi-currency.

Renat:

I don't see the point of my involvement in this sprawling flam. Unfortunately, there is no useful information and I have no interest in doing useless work.

Too bad you have wasted your time with emotive remarks without paying attention to reasoned dialogue.