Errors, bugs, questions - page 538

marketeer:
Ever since build 478 this bug has been reported by me as #177997. Nothing has been heard since then.
Then how do you check if the Expert Advisor is working correctly? It is a pain in the ass, isn't it? How do you check?

stringo:

Are you sure it's the same bug?

You use a test template with arrow objects already applied and wonder why these arrows are displayed in the future.

I can't be sure of anything of course - just similar symptoms. All I know is that the ticket has now been closed for some reason, with a note saying that I added the arrows to the chart myself. This is a load of nonsense. Instead of fixing bugs, close tickets. Well, as you like. I do not see the point in such a service-desk.

deboir:
How, then, do you check that the examiner's work is correct? From the logbook is cumbersome. How do you check?
I only show it when the visualiser is working. I have not used it since then.

marketeer:

Of course I can't be sure of anything - just similar symptoms. All I know is that the ticket has now been closed for some reason, with a note saying that I added the arrows to the chart myself. This is a load of nonsense. Instead of fixing bugs, close tickets. Well, as you like. I do not see the point in such a service-desk.

No matter how much I talk to you, you are always rude. It's unpleasant.

stringo:

No matter how much I talk to you, you are always rude. I don't like it.

I'm sorry, but I also hate it when I try to help and get undeserved claims in return.

That's not true about all the time. Count how many tickets you've had without being rude. A few dozen. There just wasn't any counter-attacks in them.

Question: what about adding to the function

ChartIndicatorAdd()

parameter indicating indicator window location above/below chart and implement support of this feature in the terminal?

or via IndicatorSetInteger() for the indicator? In UI it would allow to make a fixed menu/toolbar at the top

SD #242342

stringo:

Are you sure it's the same bug?

You use a test template with arrow objects already applied and wonder why these arrows are displayed in the future.

Is it a bug after all? What to do?

deboir:
Is it a bug after all? What to do?
Contact Service Desk. Send an expert and precise instructions for reproduction. You have to look at it.
Общайтесь с разработчиками через Сервисдеск!
Общайтесь с разработчиками через Сервисдеск!
  • www.mql5.com
Ваше сообщение сразу станет доступно нашим отделам тестирования, технической поддержки и разработчикам торговой платформы.

Fellow developers! Do you think the Bars feature works as intended? My position is the following:

I consider the fact that in case of error the function returns 0 as a bug because: for example, there are two bars in front of us, one opened at 1 o'clock and the other at 5 o'clock. Further I have requested information about the number of bars from 2 to 4 hours (with the Bars function).

In this case it is logical to expect a return of 0. However, we need to understand whether there really are no bars opened in the interval we are interested in or there was an error when performing this function, but we still have bars? As far as I know, GetLastError() will not help here either.

220Volt:

Fellow developers! Do you think the Bars feature works as intended? My position is the following:

I consider the fact that in case of error the function returns 0 as a bug because: for example, there are two bars in front of us, one opened at 1 o'clock and the other at 5 o'clock. Further I have requested information about the number of bars from 2 to 4 hours (with the Bars function).

In this case it is logical to expect a return of 0. However, we need to understand whether there really are no bars opened in the interval we are interested in or there was an error when performing this function, but we still have bars? As far as I know, GetLastError() will not help here either.

In case an error occurs, GetLastError() will return its code. It is easy to check it, make deliberately erroneous request and check error code.